Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 07-01-2019, 02:22 AM   #31
likebookstore
Connoisseur
likebookstore began at the beginning.

Device: likebook alita
From my point, boyue make such decision is well to undersand.

they noticed the mimas feedback from this forum or other platform, so they more prefer to give the old user more confidenent that always support the sold devices and won good reputaion from old user or market,they knew people who bought mimas will not buy alita again( even have, will be very few), but will happy have firmware support. the mimas can enjoy same firmware like Alita

i like alita very well from the design and hidden SD card, more fashion and lighter, i can use it as a digital note when meeting with others- all friends or customer like it very much only issue is price.. but anyway, since alita delay a litter and then mimas price drop--mimas is good time to buy now. the mimas firmware not awful like somebody write. just somebody pay high expectation for such high value device, but we have to notice this is 100 USD cheaper than other competitors- for big size reading experience, much better than sony or remarkable or others, only less than onyx note pro, they are always working hard for it. plus the price reason, this give user more choice for big size device.
likebookstore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2019, 10:27 PM   #32
fduniho
Addict
fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fduniho ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch, DX, PW4, PW5, Scribe; Likebook Mars; Fire HD 8; iPad
I find I like having a device with a cool name. I love the names Likebook Mars and Likebook Alita, but I don't care for the names Likebook Muses or Likebook Mimas. Besides just liking the name Alita, I love the Alita character. Boyue probably knew what they were doing when they decided to name this device after a character that became much more popular this year thanks to the movie Alita: Battle Angel. While this movie was not too popular in the USA, it did exceptionally well in China, where Boyue is located. As a fan of Alita, I'm hoping that the device named after her will be one I would really like to have.
fduniho is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-04-2019, 02:16 AM   #33
likebookstore
Connoisseur

haha, i like alita the reason is for nice design which is more fashion to take out for meeting to note something. of course the software get more powerful after serval updated....
Old 07-04-2019, 07:55 PM   #34
Choivo
Choivo began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas/Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by likebookstore View Post
haha, i like alita the reason is for nice design which is more fashion to take out for meeting to note something. of course the software get more powerful after serval updated....
Any chance i can buy an early Alita? My kindle just gave up on me (after 5 years), need a quick replacement, but im not too keen on the mimas if the alita is coming out so soon.
Choivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2019, 03:56 AM   #35
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choivo View Post
Any chance i can buy an early Alita? My kindle just gave up on me (after 5 years), need a quick replacement, but im not too keen on the mimas if the alita is coming out so soon.
mimas next week have big promotion..this is a good time to buy mimas.

if you need the alita, i can help you too. but price no discount
Advert
Old 07-05-2019, 03:27 PM   #36
nystagmus
Connoisseur
nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'nystagmus can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Max Lumi 2, Kobo Forma, Topjoy Butterfly E601
Quote:

I am intrested for the alita, how much? and how can you help?

thank you
nystagmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 05:49 AM   #37
Choivo
Choivo began at the beginning.

Device: Likebook Mimas/Alita
Quote:

Great. my email is jonathanchoiyikit@gmail.com.

Email me
Choivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 03:29 PM   #38
heyman
Connoisseur
heyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it isheyman knows what time it is

Device: sony
@likebookstore i'm sorry, this is not a promote thread, please left those pormotion info out there

can you post a side by side photo, under same brightness, showing the mimas vs alita
heyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 06:44 AM   #39
likebookstore
Connoisseur

will do it as soon as possible@ heyman

Last edited by likebookstore; 07-08-2019 at 06:51 AM.
Old 07-08-2019, 06:47 AM   #40
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nystagmus View Post
I am intrested for the alita, how much? and how can you help?

thank you
sorry for it, please send private informaiton
Old 07-08-2019, 06:49 AM   #41
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyman View Post
@likebookstore i'm sorry, this is not a promote thread, please left those pormotion info out there

can you post a side by side photo, under same brightness, showing the mimas vs alita
i am sorry for it. we will avoid that promote information in here then...
will take some pictures to show it...
Old 07-10-2019, 12:00 AM   #42
likebookstore
Connoisseur

likebook mimas and alita light compare

Quote:
i am sorry for it. we will avoid that promote information in here then...
will take some pictures to show it...
below is some pictures for mimas and alita light compare in different status.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	light compare 1.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	89.8 KB
ID:	172323   Click image for larger version

Name:	light compare 2.jpg
Views:	540
Size:	85.3 KB
ID:	172324   Click image for larger version

Name:	light compare 3.jpg
Views:	515
Size:	86.2 KB
ID:	172325   Click image for larger version

Name:	light compare 4.jpg
Views:	606
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	172326   Click image for larger version

Name:	front.jpg
Views:	671
Size:	129.4 KB
ID:	172327  
Old 07-11-2019, 09:31 PM   #43
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectralis View Post
You do not understand our complaint. I am referring to handwritten annotations. I, and other Mimas owners, are complaining that when we write on a PDF there is no way to save it. We want the option to save:

1. a single handwritten page in a document to PDF,
2. all handwritten pages in a document to PDF,
3. or the whole document to a PDF.

We want to be able to copy our handwritten PDF's to another computer. We want a "save as" option so we can create a new file that we can save to a location on the Mimas of our choice. None of this is possible since the latest update.

I do not want to upload my PDF's to a 3rd party app like Evernote. The current "export to local" that you describe saves the file to html not PDF. That is useless to me.

Please examine the PDF Reader in Onyx Boox products for guidance on how to create a useful PDF annotator.
please waiting next version... boyue will fix those issues
Old 07-15-2019, 08:25 PM   #44
blue_skies
Evangelist
blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.blue_skies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boyue T62+; Boyue Mimas; and my old Kindle Keyboard
Quote:
please waiting next version... boyue will fix those issues
Since you seem to be monitoring this thread and know what Boyue is working on, I hope it's okay to ask if they have fixed the built-in reading app for the next firmware update. The way it handles punctuation is terrible. I also have the older Boyue T62+ and the built-in reading app in the T62+ renders English text and punctuation beautifully.

(Other than that, I mostly really like the Mimas.)

Last edited by blue_skies; 07-15-2019 at 08:28 PM.
blue_skies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2019, 10:55 PM   #45
likebookstore
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue_skies View Post
Since you seem to be monitoring this thread and know what Boyue is working on, I hope it's okay to ask if they have fixed the built-in reading app for the next firmware update. The way it handles punctuation is terrible. I also have the older Boyue T62+ and the built-in reading app in the T62+ renders English text and punctuation beautifully.

(Other than that, I mostly really like the Mimas.)
i will forward your suggestion to boyue team, and also you can email to likebook@boyue.com, as far as i know, this should be different reading app inside then those punctuation display a litter difference.