Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 01-02-2024, 06:03 PM   #3946
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Sony T1, Nook ST Glowlight, Galaxy Tab 7 Plus
One Fell Sweep is the third book in the Innkeeper Chronicles by Ilona Andrews. It's on sale for £0.99 at Kindle UK right now. Two other books in the series are also £0.99 right now, but I wouldn't have normally posted them since they were on sale not too long ago. But, since I'm posting One Fell Sweep anyway...

Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01MSJJFAC

Spoiler:
Quote:
Dina Demille may run the nicest Bed and Breakfast in Red Deer, Texas, but she caters to a very particular kind of guest… the kind that no one on Earth is supposed to know about. Guests like a former intergalactic tyrant with an impressive bounty on her head, the Lord Marshal of a powerful vampire clan, and a displaced-and-superhot werewolf; so don’t stand too close, or you may be collateral damage.

But what passes for Dina’s normal life is about to be thrown into chaos. First, she must rescue her long-distant older sister, Maud, who’s been exiled with her family to a planet that functions as the most lawless penal colony since Botany Bay. Then she agrees to help a guest whose last chance at saving his civilization could bring death and disaster to all Dina holds dear. Now Gertrude Hunt is under siege by a clan of assassins. To keep her guests safe and to find her missing parents, Dina will risk everything, even if she has to pay the ultimate price. Though Sean may have something to say about that!

And info on Sweep in Peace (#2) and Sweep with Me (#5), also £0.99 each, is in this previous post: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh....php?p=4303009
sufue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2024, 11:17 AM   #3947
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Weekly Report:

Read:
  • Cold Case Kidnapping (Hudson Sibling Solutions #1) by Nicole Helm (B+/4 stars)
  • Frostbitten (Deep Ops #6) by Rebecca Zanetti (B/4 stars)
  • Sharp Evidence (The Precinct #44/Kansas City Crime Lab) by Julie Miller (B+/4 stars)
  • Andromeda’s Fall (Shadowcat Nation #1) by Abigail Owen (B/4 stars)
  • Sarai’s Fortune (Shadowcat Nation #2) by Abigail Owen (A-/5 stars)
  • Tieryn’s Fury (Shadowcat Nation #3) by Abigail Owen (C-/2 stars)
  • Seneca’s Faith (Shadowcat Nation #4) by Abigail Owen (B+/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-7.JPG
Views:	44
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	205648  
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-07-2024, 12:10 PM   #3948
sufue
lost in my e-reader...
sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sufue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Inheritance is £0.99 in the UK right now. And the next book in the series, The Mirror, is now up for pre-sale, although not out until November 28, 2024!!! By which time I probably will have mostly forgotten Inheritance, even with the monster cliff-hanger, and may or may not buy the next one...

Anyway, here are links:
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BXWT8SVR
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/inheritance-171

And the blurb:
Spoiler:
Quote:
1806. Astrid Poole is murdered on her wedding day. Her last words - a promise to her husband never to leave him...

After finding her fiancé in a compromising position with her cousin, Sonya MacTavish needs an escape. When a lawyer turns up on her doorstep out of the blue with news that she has inherited a beautiful Victorian house, Sonya thinks maybe this is just the change of scene she needs.

The house - nicknamed Lost Bride manor - is beautiful, the setting idyllic and the local town offers Sonya the smalltown comforts she craves after life in a big city. So what if there are sometimes shadows in the windows, objects move of their own accord and music starts playing out of nowhere. Sonya can live with the house being a little haunted.

But things soon start to take a darker turn and it becomes clear that Sonya has inherited far more than a house. She has inherited a centuries-old curse, and a puzzle she must solve if there is any hope of breaking it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
For the Nora Roberts readers amongst us, and since this is Romance and Discussion, I have a question.

I have read and liked a lot of her JD Robb/In Death books, but haven't read (that I remember) any of her romance/romantic suspense books. So I was happy to just get an advance review copy of The Inheritance, which is the first in a new trilogy coming out this fall. And it was a fun read, and I liked it a lot, until it ended in an abrupt cliff-hanger the size of the Cliffs of Moher. Is this typical for her in planned trilogies? I get that in a planned three-book series, there is going to be unresolved stuff for the later books. But this was so abrupt and so stark that I kept looking for more paragraphs/chapters, even after I knew for sure that that really was the end of the book.

I have to write a review for it now, and just have no idea what to do with the cliff-hanger (yikes), other than, I guess, let readers know that it's a doozie. When Dana Stabenow did it a few years back in her Kate Shugak mystery series, of which I'm a regular reader, I held a grudge for quite a while, and wasn't shy about it. But when I'm not a regular reader, I'm less sure of how blunt to be. I would think Roberts would be a better writer, and with enough loyal fans, than to need to do that just to make you buy the next book...

Last edited by sufue; 01-07-2024 at 12:19 PM. Reason: added Kobo link
Old 01-07-2024, 03:40 PM   #3949
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by sufue View Post
Inheritance is £0.99 in the UK right now. And the next book in the series, The Mirror, is now up for pre-sale, although not out until November 28, 2024!!! By which time I probably will have mostly forgotten Inheritance, even with the monster cliff-hanger, and may or may not buy the next one...

Anyway, here are links:
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BXWT8SVR
Kobo US: https://www.kobo.com/gb/en/ebook/inheritance-171

And the blurb:
She uses to have cliffhanger in her trilogies, not in the relationship but yes in the arc story, if I remember right (I haven't read any new trilogy in a long time).
Terisa de morgan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2024, 01:04 PM   #3950
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Yes, and as you can tell, I found it quite annoying. Minor cliff-hanger, sure - makes me want to read the next book. Major cliff-hangers are not my style, though, and just annoy me. And yes, this was in the story arc, not the relationship. But still annoying.

If I ever do start reading more Nora Roberts, I'll have to only read completed series. Even though my favorite author duo, Ilona Andrews, like to point out that if you wait until a series is done to start reading it, it may not get finished, if sales of the early books don't go well. But I don't think that's a problem for Nora Roberts ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
She uses to have cliffhanger in her trilogies, not in the relationship but yes in the arc story, if I remember right (I haven't read any new trilogy in a long time).
Advert
Old 01-09-2024, 09:01 PM   #3951
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Jayne Ann Krentz is taking a break from her Amanda Quick name for a year or two while she figures out what her next historical setting should be.

She feels she's exhausted the 20s/30s setting of Burning Cove as she doesn't want to get into WWII. So she's researching settings.

She mentioned it in her interview tonight at the Poisoned Pen.
Old 01-10-2024, 01:02 AM   #3952
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
Jayne Ann Krentz is taking a break from her Amanda Quick name for a year or two while she figures out what her next historical setting should be.

She feels she's exhausted the 20s/30s setting of Burning Cove as she doesn't want to get into WWII. So she's researching settings.

She mentioned it in her interview tonight at the Poisoned Pen.
Well, let's see if she is back to that name.
Old 01-10-2024, 10:00 AM   #3953
danicca
Addict
danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.danicca ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
I hope she is back, but I'm not going to complain if we get more Castle books. If someone read her newest, I would appreciate a quick review.
danicca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 01:42 PM   #3954
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
I hope she is back, but I'm not going to complain if we get more Castle books. If someone read her newest, I would appreciate a quick review.
I liked the characters both individually and as a couple, but the plot didn't gel for me. There's lots of banter and the usual mystery elements.

Possibly just my mood yesterday. Not a bad book by any means, but not an instant favorite either. I gave it a B. Debated B- but I edged it up a tad as I did like the characters.

The creepy paranormal garden reminded me of her Crystal Gardens as Amada Quick.

Last edited by library addict; 01-10-2024 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-10-2024, 02:43 PM   #3955
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by danicca View Post
If you are referring to The Night Island, I asked my spouse and she liked it. Some elements seemed recycled but she did like the characters. She'd give it a B+. She muttered about downgrading it to a C+ since there were no dust bunnies.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2024, 04:02 PM   #3956
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I liked the characters both individually and as a couple, but the plot didn't gel for me. There's lots of banter and the usual mystery elements.

Possibly just my mood yesterday. Not a bad book by any means, but not an instant favorite either. I gave it a B. Debated B- but I edged it up a tad as I did like the characters.

The creepy paranormal garden reminded me of her Crystal Gardens as Amada Quick.
I totally agree with you. And not only Crystal Gardens, but the Underground Forest at Harmony.
Old 01-10-2024, 04:02 PM   #3957
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you are referring to The Night Island, I asked my spouse and she liked it. Some elements seemed recycled but she did like the characters. She'd give it a B+. She muttered about downgrading it to a C+ since there were no dust bunnies.
I get your wife for sure, I miss dust bunnies too
Old 01-14-2024, 04:17 PM   #3958
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Weekly Report:

Read:
  • The Color of Courage (The CASE Files #1) by Natalie J Damschroder (D+/2 stars)
  • The Light of Redemption (The CASE Files #2) by Natalie J Damschroder (D/1 star)
  • The Reflection of Hope (The CASE Files #3) by Natalie J Damschroder (F/1 star)
  • The Night Island (The Lost Night Files #2) by Jayne Ann Krentz (B/4 stars)
  • Lily and the Lawman (The Alaskans #5) by Marie Ferrarella (B/4 stars)

Purchased:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	books 1-14.JPG
Views:	27
Size:	25.6 KB
ID:	205809  
Old 01-18-2024, 04:17 PM   #3959
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

All of Ilona Andrews' Hidden Legacy books (Nevada's and Catalina's and the novella) are £1.99 at Kindle UK right now, and White Hot is even better at only £0.99. Most of them look as if they've been on sale for a while, but I just noticed while on my way to looking for something else...

And they are NOT on sale in the US, priced at $6.99 and up, mostly up, except the novella...

link to the series webpage at Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FKKSD...kindle_edition
link to the novella, Diamond Fire: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07BK3M7V7
Old 01-18-2024, 04:29 PM   #3960
sufue
lost in my e-reader...

Lindsay Buroker's Betrayed, which is the second in her Legacy of Magic series, is free right now at Kindle US and UK. Many of her books, especially the first-in-series, go free from time to time, but I haven't seen this one free before, because I don't have it !

Kindle US: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BLHS6SJN
Kindle UK: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BLHS6SJN

Spoiler:
Quote:
After thirty years, Matti has learned that the dwarven mother she believed dead might only be missing—kidnapped by those who want to control her ability to enchant powerful world-changing artifacts.

But where is she now? And why is the elf assassin Sarrlevi so invested in helping find her?

Matti knows she shouldn’t trust Sarrlevi, or be drawn to his dry humor and dark past. But he keeps standing at her side to battle enemies, and she keeps forgetting that he might be an enemy himself…