Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 01-01-2024, 01:48 PM   #376
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terisa de morgan View Post
BTW, Thiago, I think the problem is today is the first day of the year, so calculating the current speed is not going well. I'll be back to you tomorrow to confirm it.
Seems correct! If I set my computer date to January 2, Statistics works.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 03:21 PM   #377
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
The book I finished on 2023-12-31, which I suspected of causing the division-by-zero error, is 5999.
That can't be the cause, because I have a book finished on 2023-12-31 and it worked just fine.

Quote:
The 7753 deletion issue I was able to replicate a second time after restoring my backup.
This is puzzling me, as I could not reproduce here with my database or yours. Deleting the 7753 entry in 2023's goal did not erased it from 2024's after it has migrated.

Quote:
It's possible the division error could be caused by the migration?
I don't think so. The division error occurs when showing the statistics. It doesn't happen when you are deleting the book.

Quote:
I've already sent you the link to the file, thank you very much (it happened before changing from 2023 to 2024 too).
Quote:
BTW, Thiago, I think the problem is today is the first day of the year, so calculating the current speed is not going well. I'll be back to you tomorrow to confirm it.
Quote:
Seems correct! If I set my computer date to January 2, Statistics works.
I think this error is already fixed. I just forgot to release a new version.
There were two division by zero errors: for 2023-12-31 and 2024-01-01. Both remaining days would return zero. First I only fixed the error for the last day of the year. Then I made the second fix but forgot to release a new version.

Please test the new version and see if it works now (if you guys are still in the 2024-01-01... maybe not Terisa).
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2024, 03:26 PM   #378
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Version 1.2.5 - 01 Jan 2024

- Fix for rereading count: only count books already finished (reading progress = 100%)
- Fix for 'Division by zero' error in Statistics (for the first day of the year)
Old 01-01-2024, 03:55 PM   #379
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Please test the new version and see if it works now (if you guys are still in the 2024-01-01... maybe not Terisa).
Now that I've already finished playing with calibre source code , I've been able to test it (not 10PM yet here), and it works, thank you very much!
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 04:37 PM   #380
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yeah, I can't figure out the issue with the double-deletion either - I thought maybe it could've been that there were no 2024 records (I updated lastread but not percentread) but that didn't fix it. Likely just gremlins in the system. Editing the JSON to remove the book from 2023 worked.

The new version fixes the division by zero issue.
Advert
Old 01-01-2024, 05:08 PM   #381
thiago.eec
Guru

Great! All good now, except for the gremlins. lol
Old 01-02-2024, 04:33 PM   #382
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I just ran into a very strange issue.

In the json, a lot (maybe all) of my 2023 books got copied to 2024 producing the 'wrong year' message when trying to open edit goal. All my 2024 books just outright disappeared. I can't figure out what happened, the autoadd tag is correct and I'd already validated my previous json edit worked.

As I couldn't access edit goal to manually restore, I copied the contents of my most recent backup to the json and that fixed it at least.

Any other similar issues from other users?

This makes me wonder if an automatic daily backup could be viable.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-02-2024 at 04:41 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:48 PM   #383
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
I just ran into a very strange issue.

In the json, all of my 2023 books got shifted to 2024 (producing the 'wrong year' message when trying to open edit goal). All my 2024 books just outright disappeared. I can't figure out what happened.

As I couldn't access edit goal to manually restore, I copied the contents of my most recent backup to the json and that fixed it at least.

Any other similar issues from other users?
Sorry, no one reported this kind of issue (not until now, anyway). My usual suspect is the JSON editing.

The JSON file is really fragile when handled manually. Even a minor error (a misplaced comma, missing a closing bracket, etc.) can lead to calibre rebuilding the database. And this can cause a lot of strange things, since it has to guess the missing bits.

But that's just a guess. Maybe is a bug in the plugin.
If you find any more info on that, or if it happen again, please let me know, so I could try to reproduce (and hopefully fix it).

Most of the plugin functions were supposedly stable by now, except for the auto migration, that was yet to be tested, and caused some problems. But that's a one time operation and can't be doing anything by now.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:50 PM   #384
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

The weird thing is that I'd already validated the log after I edited it, and usually a broken one just blanks entirely. It's definitely weird.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:51 PM   #385
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
This makes me wonder if an automatic daily backup could be viable.
To be honest, I even started coding the automatic update about a month ago, having this kind of situation in mind. But I ended up just dropping it...

I'll take a look at this again.
Old 01-02-2024, 04:56 PM   #386
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
... the autoadd tag is correct...
Now you brought up a possible culprit. A change to the auto-add column triggers the addition. Were you making a bulk change to your auto-add column?

Last edited by thiago.eec; 01-02-2024 at 05:05 PM. Reason: typo
Old 01-02-2024, 05:14 PM   #387
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Now you brought up a possible culprit. A change to the auto-add column triggers the addition. Were you making a bulk change to your auto-add column?
I use the #admintags (as implied, a taglike) for this. the tags are readinggoal:2023 and readinggoal:2024. I checked and both the settings and added tags are correct.
Old 01-02-2024, 05:35 PM   #388
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I was able to replicate the issue.

It happens when deleting a single reading record from a book in an older year. This wouldn't have occurred before as the plugin only started existing last year and anything pre-2023 would have only a single 100% record.

Additionally: I feel like 'import from backup' should be in configuration to make it accessible when Edit Goal isn't accessible.

Last edited by ownedbycats; 01-02-2024 at 05:39 PM.
Old 01-02-2024, 11:09 PM   #389
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
I was able to replicate the issue.

It happens when deleting a single reading record from a book in an older year. This wouldn't have occurred before as the plugin only started existing last year and anything pre-2023 would have only a single 100% record.

Additionally: I feel like 'import from backup' should be in configuration to make it accessible when Edit Goal isn't accessible.
That's it. You nailed it!
The delete record button was using the current year data as default.
I'll release the fix in the morning.
Old 01-03-2024, 04:36 AM   #390
rantanplan
Weirdo
rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rantanplan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Tolino Shine Color, Tolino Vision 6, Kobo Clara 2E, Boox Note Air 2+
It's just awesome how the community comes together to improve the plugin. Whenever I find something unexpected, ownedbycats has already reported the issue and figured the source already out <3
rantanplan is offline   Reply With Quote