Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 11-15-2023, 02:25 PM   #361
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Looks like it's still using the old version somewhere. Can you try removing the plugin, restart Calibre, and then install the bugfix version?
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 08:12 AM   #362
Celemin
Celemin began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
ACSM not working

Hi! I used DeACSM today and couldn't get it to work (I have used it successfully in the past, and haven't touched anything since)

So I bought some epubs in the Kobo store, and opened the ACSM files directly with Calibre. The books were imported and showed the title and author, but I couldn't open them in Calibre or convert them into AZW for my Kindle (a message appears, saying the books are locked by DRM).

I hadn't used Calibre or the plugin for a long time, and I started remembering that, when I used it successfully in the past, I had first opened the ACSM files with Adobe Digital Editions and later opened the books in Calibre, while this time I didn't open them with Digital Editions first.

So I went to Adobe DE and tried opening the ACSM, but it said it had already been redeemed and prompted me for my ID, which I didn't provide.

Is there any way to solve this and get to read my books?
Celemin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2023, 10:35 AM   #363
SomeSteve
Addict
SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SomeSteve ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T2, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celemin View Post
So I bought some epubs in the Kobo store, and opened the ACSM files directly with Calibre. The books were imported and showed the title and author, but I couldn't open them in Calibre or convert them into AZW for my Kindle (a message appears, saying the books are locked by DRM).

Since nobody with knowledge about these things has answered, I'll risk asking what some may consider a stupid question.

I don't know anything about the plugin, and I don't know what you can do to salvage the books you've already downloaded, if anything. But if it's just a matter of getting the books in a form you can read, isn't it possible to log in to your Kobo account, go to My Books, and download them again? Except this time, open the new ACSM files with Adobe Digital Editions before you try anything else.
SomeSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 11:00 AM   #364
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomeSteve View Post
Since nobody with knowledge about these things has answered, I'll risk asking what some may consider a stupid question.

I don't know anything about the plugin, and I don't know what you can do to salvage the books you've already downloaded, if anything. But if it's just a matter of getting the books in a form you can read, isn't it possible to log in to your Kobo account, go to My Books, and download them again? Except this time, open the new ACSM files with Adobe Digital Editions before you try anything else.
Once ACSM files have been downloaded, any subsequent download gets (versions of) the same files.

My guess would be that you never set up DeACSM with your ADE login, and so it generated its own credentials that need exporting and using the DeDRM.

But I might be wrong. I certainly would be careful not to lose the current credentials that DeACSM is using.

You should, however, still have a route to getting your Kobo ebooks without DRM - just go the Kobo app route and the obok plugin, avoiding ADE entirely.

But for detailed help, ask at the place you got the DeDRM plugin.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 01:48 AM   #365
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Celemin View Post
Hi! I used DeACSM today and couldn't get it to work (I have used it successfully in the past, and haven't touched anything since)

I hadn't used Calibre or the plugin for a long time, and I started remembering that, when I used it successfully in the past, I had first opened the ACSM files with Adobe Digital Editions and later opened the books in Calibre, while this time I didn't open them with Digital Editions first.

So I went to Adobe DE and tried opening the ACSM, but it said it had already been redeemed and prompted me for my ID, which I didn't provide.

Yes you must've been using 2 different Adobe ID. Once it's processed with an Adobe ID, it can't be processed with other ID. Install newer De-DRM and re-process the ACSM in your current Calibre.
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-30-2023, 03:18 AM   #366
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
I installed calibre 7.1.0 on win 11 machine and set up the ascm plugin with the DER File for a Debian build. The id shows the email and penguin id successful.
I downloaded a library epub ascm and tried unsuccessfully to import the book.
I tried debug so I will upload the txt log.

I used a different email address to set up ADE on win 11, so I can read epub on this pc. Obviously I will download new books, as current loans are associated with the first email.

How do I change the id on the plugin. I deleted it but the reinstall had no option to change the id or any import option
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 09:47 AM   #367
clayesq
clayesq began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks (iOS, Mac)
Calibre 7... ick

Upgraded to Calibre 7 for macOS. Icky python error (I think... all gibberish to me):
Attached Files
File Type: txt Calibre.txt (16.1 KB, 58 views)

Last edited by clayesq; 11-30-2023 at 09:51 AM. Reason: long code
clayesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2023, 11:16 AM   #368
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@Patricia1066 Open the plugin settings, press Ctrl+Shift+D and follow the prompts. That resets the plugin so you can authorize a different ID.

@clayesq That's a known issue on MacOS where there's some kind of issue with a homebrew openssl library. I don't have a Mac so I can't test this but others have reported that running "brew unlink openssl@3" in a terminal helps so can you give that a try?
Old 12-03-2023, 08:07 AM   #369
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
@Patricia1066 Open the plugin settings, press Ctrl+Shift+D and follow the prompts. That resets the plugin so you can authorize a different ID.
Thanks @Leseratte, useful to know, I'll make a note of that.
The Windows ADE authorisation code was not accepted as password, and this corrupted the plugin.
I have decided to stay with linux and deleted the windows partition.

I installed a new instance of Calibre 6.13 on Debian 12 and neither the acsm 0.16 and bugfix install. Sorry to be a nuisance, but Debian hasnt approved any version higher. Could that be the reason for the error? Embedded python=false on the original plugin, seems to indicate that it's not supported.
Code:
calibre, version 6.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:Initialisation of plug-in Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 677, in initialize_plugin
    p.initialize()
  File "calibre_plugins.deacsm.__init__", line 226, in initialize
    from libadobe import createDeviceKeyFile, update_account_path, sendHTTPRequest
  File "/home/patricia/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in &lt;module&gt;
    from oscrypto import keys
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in &lt;module&gt;
    from ._asymmetric import parse_certificate, parse_private, parse_public
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in &lt;module&gt;
    from .kdf import pbkdf1, pbkdf2, pkcs12_kdf
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in &lt;module&gt;
    from .util import rand_bytes
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 14, in &lt;module&gt;
    from ._openssl.util import rand_bytes
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/util.py", line 6, in &lt;module&gt;
    from ._libcrypto import libcrypto, libcrypto_version_info, handle_openssl_error
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in &lt;module&gt;
    from ._libcrypto_ctypes import (
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 47, in &lt;module&gt;
    raise LibraryNotFoundError('Error detecting the version of libcrypto')
oscrypto.errors.LibraryNotFoundError: Error detecting the version of libcrypto
 failed with traceback:
Traceback (most recent call last):
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/patricia/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 14, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/util.py", line 6, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 47, in &lt;module&gt;

calibre 6.13  embedded-python: False
Linux-6.1.0-13-amd64-x86_64-with-glibc2.36 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '6.1.0-13-amd64', '#1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.55-1 (2023-09-29)')
Python 3.11.2
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 3)
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/patricia/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 14, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/util.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 47, in <module>

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 325, in add_plugin
    plugin = add_plugin(path)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 487, in add_plugin
    plugin = initialize_plugin(plugin, path_to_zip_file, PluginInstallationType.EXTERNAL)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 682, in initialize_plugin
    raise InvalidPlugin((_('Initialization of plugin %s failed with traceback:')
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: Initialisation of plug-in Traceback (most recent call last):
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/patricia/Downloads/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 14, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/util.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in <module>
  File "/home/patricia/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 47, in <module>
 failed with traceback:
    p.initialize()

calibre, version 6.13.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:Initialisation of plug-in Traceback (most recent call last):
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/patricia/Downloads/DeACSM_0.0.16.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in &lt;module&gt;
 failed with traceback:
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/patricia/Downloads/DeACSM_0.0.16.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in &lt;module&gt;

))))))00000(((((

calibre 6.13  embedded-python: False
Linux-6.1.0-13-amd64-x86_64-with-glibc2.36 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '6.1.0-13-amd64', '#1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.1.55-1 (2023-09-29)')
Python 3.11.2
Interface language: en_GB
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 3)
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/patricia/Downloads/DeACSM_0.0.16.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in <module>

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 325, in add_plugin
    plugin = add_plugin(path)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 487, in add_plugin
    plugin = initialize_plugin(plugin, path_to_zip_file, PluginInstallationType.EXTERNAL)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 682, in initialize_plugin
    raise InvalidPlugin((_('Initialization of plugin %s failed with traceback:')
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: Initialisation of plug-in Traceback (most recent call last):
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/patricia/Downloads/DeACSM_0.0.16.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in <module>
 failed with traceback:
    p.initialize()
Old 12-03-2023, 10:06 AM   #370
Leseratte_10
Groupie

The recommendation on Linux is to install Calibre from the website not your distribution's repositories. A) because Calibre in the distribution repo is usually heavily outdated and B) because Calibre comes with its own Python and modules bundled and all plugins (including mine) are usually "tuned" to these modules and versions, not the ones Debian decides to include.

Can you try removing Calibre, install it again from the website and see if that helps?
Old 12-03-2023, 06:02 PM   #371
Patricia1066
Zealot

@Leseratte I found the dependencies and installed 7.1.0 and the acsm plugin is working fine.

Last edited by Patricia1066; 12-06-2023 at 04:23 PM.
Old 12-16-2023, 03:23 PM   #372
JeanJ
JeanJ began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Change Adobe ID?

Hello,
I just installed the plug-in, and then read the instructions.... I didn't use a 'dummy ID'. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it remembers my non-dummy ID. How can I change the AdobeID I use with this plug-in?
Thank you!
JeanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 07:58 PM   #373
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeanJ View Post
I just installed the plug-in, and then read the instructions.... I didn't use a 'dummy ID'. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, but it remembers my non-dummy ID. How can I change the AdobeID I use with this plug-in?
Open the configuration dialog for the plugin and press ctrl-shift-D to remove the old authorization.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2023, 09:04 PM   #374
JeanJ
JeanJ began at the beginning.

Device: Samsung Tablet
Thanks!
JeanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2024, 09:19 PM   #375
mammothpies
mammothpies began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi there. Thank you for your work. I haven't yet been able to make it work on my end, though; could I ask for a little help?

Calibre version: Calibre Portable 7.1.0.0

DeACSM version: 0.16, random authentication option selected

Problem: When I drag and drop an ACSM file into Calibre, it adds the file -- but does not convert it to an EPUB. In the file type column, it just displays ACSM; the title is the same as the ACSM filename, and the author is "unknown." It lists the file size as <0.1 MB. It does the same thing whether or not I have the plugin enabled, in other words.

I suspect I've done something really silly wrong, or overlooked a critical and obvious step, but I can't figure this out. Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!
mammothpies is offline   Reply With Quote