huber70
Addict
huber70 has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Tolino Vision6
@mariosipad

sudo chown pi /home/pi/photoprism -R *

what should happen after that?

And: Your post 11:28 - Code, line2:

- "/home/pi/Pictures:/photoprism/original" # Original media files (DO NOT REMOVE)

is singular correct?
huber70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 11:41 AM   #332
huber70
Addict

@mariosipad

just to be sure that this is the right entry: docker-compose.yml (under /home/pi/photoprism/) shows changings as follows:

volumes:
# "/host/folder:/photoprism/folder" # Example
- "/home/pi/Pictures:/photoprism/original" # Original media files (DO NOT REMOVE)
# - "/example/family:/photoprism/originals/family" # *Additional* media folders can be mounted like this
# - "~/Import:/photoprism/import" # *Optional* base folder from which files can be imported to originals
- "./storage:/photoprism/storage" # *Writable* storage folder for cache, database, and sidecar files (DO NOT REMOVE)
Advert
Old 07-11-2023, 12:49 PM   #333
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
@huber70

Let me try again (and now check what I'm typing before clicking POST):

The line
- "/home/pi/Pictures:/photoprism/originals" # Original media files (DO NOT REMOVE)
tells docker to "link" the directory on SD-card /home/pi/Pictures to the directory /photoprism/originals inside the docker photoprism container.

[If you copied from the post at 11:28 then that might explain the issues. I honestly do not know why the s disappeared as I only copied some code... sorry]

At this stage what I would do is:

1) stop and remove all containers shown with docker ps -a and docker ps until docker ps -a shows
Code:
CONTAINER ID   IMAGE                                   COMMAND                  CREATED        STATUS                      PORTS
2a) Remove all files and directories below /home/pi/photoprism to make sure you start from scratch again.
2b) Also remove any /home/pi/database and /home/pi/photoprism/database directory
2c) (optional) set correct user:
(remove spaces between p & i and i & : and : & p)

sudo chown p i : p i /home/pi/Pictures -R *
sudo chown p i : p i /home/pi/photoprism -R *
This makes certain that all used directories are readable and writable by user pi.

3) change docker-compose.yml in /home/pi/photoprism
Code:
    volumes:
      # "/host/folder:/photoprism/folder"                # Example
      - "/home/pi/Pictures:/photoprism/originals"               # Original media files (DO NOT REMOVE)
      # - "/example/family:/photoprism/originals/family" # *Additional* media folders can be mounted like this
      # - "~/Import:/photoprism/import"                  # *Optional* base folder from which files can be imported to originals
      - "/home/pi/photoprism/storage:/photoprism/storage"                  # *Writable* storage folder for cache, database, and sidecar files (DO NOT REMOVE)
Please review and make sure you understand what to do (and correct me if I'm wrong).
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2023, 01:05 PM   #334
huber70
Addict

@mariosipad,

thanks for the help, I will follow it later after barbecue is done
Old 07-11-2023, 03:32 PM   #335
huber70
Addict

@mariosipad

now working a little bit slower:

1) Understand description you sent of the line "handover Pictures to originals"

2) sent argument stop and remove all containers shown with "docker ps -a" and "docker ps"

Result:

pi@raspberrypi:~ $ docker ps -a
CONTAINER ID IMAGE COMMAND CREATED STATUS PORTS NAMES
a0d18bdfc9e5 photoprism/photoprism:arm64 "/scripts/entrypoint…" 5 hours ago Exited (143) 4 minutes ago photoprism_photoprism_1
12f547900e34 arm64v8/mariadb:10.11 "docker-entrypoint.s…" 5 hours ago Up 3 minutes 3306/tcp photoprism_mariadb_1
a3a4fa9125e1 photoprism/photoprism:arm64 "/scripts/entrypoint…" 30 hours ago Created pi-photoprism-1
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ docker ps
12f547900e34 arm64v8/mariadb:10.11 "docker-entrypoint.s…" 5 hours ago Up 4 minutes 3306/tcp photoprism_mariadb_1

3) Removed all files and directories below /home/pi/photoprism
4) Removed /home/pi/database

5) Started docker ps -a and docker ps

Result as above - container not empty

Will not continue before your comment
Advert
Old 07-11-2023, 05:49 PM   #336
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@huber70

A good BBQ takes time to heat up and to eat. Especially if accompanied with a good glas of whatever you like.

1) Retry
docker stop photoprism_mariadb_1
docker rm photoprism_mariadb_1
docker ps [should be empty, if not docker rm -f photoprism_mariadb_1 , then check again]

3) Remove any directory named storage in /home/pi so that all databases with possibly wrong info are removed.

4) I hope we now are back to an empty canvas.

5) then try again......

6) if it does not work try my slightly alternative setup without mariadb, but yours is better.
Old 07-11-2023, 08:56 PM   #337
huber70
Addict

@mariosipad

thanks - now "docker ps" is empty!, no storage directory anymore

5) try again means? Is there still a "photoprism"? (just directory /home/pi/photoprism exists with nothing more inside than the docker-compose.yml)

Last edited by huber70; 07-11-2023 at 09:01 PM.
Old 07-12-2023, 05:55 AM   #338
mariosipad
Guru

@huber70

OK!

1) cd /home/pi/photoprism
2) edit the docker-compose.yml file if needed
3) docker-compose up -d
4) what is the output of: docker ps
5) In photoprism directories will appear as empty
6) start indexing and pictures will appear [disclaimer: I get an error message and pictures will still appear. Indexing does take forever if I check CPU usage with top. Your pi may overheat!!!]
Old 07-12-2023, 06:09 AM   #339
huber70
Addict

@mariosipad

First error???

pi@raspberrypi:~/photoprism $ docker-compose up -d
ERROR: Named volume "home/pi/photoprism/storage:/photoprism/storage:rw" is used in service "photoprism" but no declaration was found in the volumes section.

Should be normal: There are no more folders within the directory, just directory /home/pi/photoprism exists with nothing more inside than the docker-compose.yml

Last edited by huber70; 07-12-2023 at 07:42 AM.
Old 07-12-2023, 07:51 AM   #340
mariosipad
Guru

@huber70

The line in docker-compose.yml
- "./storage:/photoprism/storage" # *Writable* storage folder for cache, database, and sidecar files (DO NOT REMOVE)

can be either
1) left as is in the original docker-compose.yml (upon review there is no need to change it).
2) change to
- "/home/pi/photoprism/storage:/photoprism/storage"

I think that (missing /) is the cause or the error.

Before running docker-compose.yml again make sure that the output of docker ps -a is empty.
Old 07-12-2023, 08:19 AM   #341
huber70
Addict

@mariosipad

thanks, that was it - created database folder!

Next step output of docker ps:

pi@raspberrypi:~/photoprism $ docker ps
b72b77c22a0a photoprism/photoprism:arm64 "/scripts/entrypoint…" 58 seconds ago Up 56 seconds 0.0.0.0:2342->2342/tcp, 2442-2443/tcp photoprism_photoprism_1
82a0ceac8724 arm64v8/mariadb:10.11 "docker-entrypoint.s…" 59 seconds ago Up 58 seconds 3306/tcp photoprism_mariadb_1
Old 07-12-2023, 08:23 AM   #342
mariosipad
Guru

@huber70

.... and now https://docs.photoprism.app/user-gui...ary/originals/
Old 07-12-2023, 08:33 AM   #343
huber70
Addict

@mariosipad

created folders "import" and "originals" manually

then run xxx.xxx.xxx.xx:2342/library index and

juchhu: indexing started with the first folder of the "Pictures" directory

This will last now for apprxox 26 hours (I remember)
Temperature CPU is ca 83°C, no cooling fan
Old 07-12-2023, 08:40 AM   #344
mariosipad
Guru

@huber70

The CPU will throttle (reduce speed).

Put a regular fan on it ;-).

Just a bit of airflow is enough.
Old 07-12-2023, 08:47 AM   #345
huber70
Addict

@mariosipad

how to reduce speed without cooling fan?