Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 09-01-2023, 11:23 AM   #331
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Have you updated to the latest version of the plugin? (0.0.16)
pdurrant is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 03:12 AM   #332
rowanwindwhistle
rowanwindwhistle began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
The OS would be linux (Debian Sid, kernel 6.4.0-3-amd64) and I was using the latest version 0.0.16 (when the plugin failed, I tried installing it again, both from calibre directly and downloading the plugin and adding it from the file). But in both cases I get the error that seems to be related to finding libcrypto. But libcrypto seems to be there ( libcrypto++8 ). So I wonder why it is not finding it...
rowanwindwhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-02-2023, 05:18 AM   #333
rowanwindwhistle

Sorry I think I should have said libssl1.1 instead. But it is there too:

Code:
dpkg -L libssl1.1
/.
/usr
/usr/lib
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/engines-1.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/engines-1.1/afalg.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/engines-1.1/padlock.so
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libcrypto.so.1.1
/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libssl.so.1.1
Old 09-02-2023, 01:52 PM   #334
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
This looks like it's a bug in oscrypto, the library my plugin uses for cryptography stuff.

https://github.com/wbond/oscrypto/issues/78

I can take a look in a couple days and see if I can find a workaround.

Can you post the output of "openssl version" on the command line?

EDIT: Confirmed, bug in oscrypto.
As soon as the system is updated to openssl 3.0.10 or higher the python module fails because they have a buggy regex that only accepts single-digit version numbers. There's not much you can do in the meantime, sadly, other than maybe trying to downgrade openssl again, but that may break your system or other applications.

So this is the same situation as back then when openssl 3 came out, sooner or later everyone will run into this bug.

I'll try to find a workaround asap; and I'll try to find some time soon-ish to finally finish and release 0.1.0 with all the fixes since then.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 09-02-2023 at 03:10 PM.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2023, 02:09 PM   #335
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Here's a quick untested update, can you give that a try?

Choose the first file if you're on 0.0.16, or choose the second one if you're already on the 0.1.0 beta version from Github. Let me know if that fixes it.

EDIT: Bugfix moved to 2nd post.

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 09-03-2023 at 11:45 AM.
Advert
Old 09-03-2023, 04:42 AM   #336
rowanwindwhistle

Thank you so much for the very quick update. On the first question, I am running:
Code:
openssl version
OpenSSL 3.0.10 1 Aug 2023 (Library: OpenSSL 3.0.10 1 Aug 2023)
I tried using the first file (ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip, as if it were the plugging itself, using the install plugin via file option button in calibre, though I am not sure it is the right way to use it), but it did not work. I got:

Code:
calibre, version 6.25.0
ERROR: Excepción no considerada: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:La inicialización del complemento Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 710, in initialize_plugin
    p.initialize()
  File "calibre_plugins.deacsm.__init__", line 226, in initialize
    from libadobe import createDeviceKeyFile, update_account_path, sendHTTPRequest
  File "/home/rowan/Descargas/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in &lt;module&gt;
    from oscrypto import keys
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in &lt;module&gt;
    from ._asymmetric import parse_certificate, parse_private, parse_public
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in &lt;module&gt;
    from .kdf import pbkdf1, pbkdf2, pkcs12_kdf
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in &lt;module&gt;
    from .util import rand_bytes
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 14, in &lt;module&gt;
    from ._openssl.util import rand_bytes
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/util.py", line 6, in &lt;module&gt;
    from ._libcrypto import libcrypto, libcrypto_version_info, handle_openssl_error
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in &lt;module&gt;
    from ._libcrypto_ctypes import (
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 47, in &lt;module&gt;
    raise LibraryNotFoundError('Error detecting the version of libcrypto')
oscrypto.errors.LibraryNotFoundError: Error detecting the version of libcrypto
 falló y generó la siguiente traza:
Traceback (most recent call last):
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/rowan/Descargas/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 14, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/util.py", line 6, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in &lt;module&gt;
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 47, in &lt;module&gt;

calibre 6.25  embedded-python: False
Linux-6.4.0-3-amd64-x86_64-with-glibc2.37 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '6.4.0-3-amd64', '#1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Debian 6.4.11-1 (2023-08-17)')
Python 3.11.5
Interface language: es
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 3)
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/rowan/Descargas/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 14, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/util.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 47, in <module>

During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:

File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 325, in add_plugin
    plugin = add_plugin(path)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 520, in add_plugin
    plugin = initialize_plugin(plugin, path_to_zip_file, PluginInstallationType.EXTERNAL)
             ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  File "/usr/lib/calibre/calibre/customize/ui.py", line 715, in initialize_plugin
    raise InvalidPlugin((_('Initialization of plugin %s failed with traceback:')
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: La inicialización del complemento Traceback (most recent call last):
    p.initialize()
  File "/home/rowan/Descargas/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 14, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/util.py", line 6, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in <module>
  File "/home/rowan/.config/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 47, in <module>
 falló y generó la siguiente traza:
    p.initialize()
Please let me know if I may have used it incorrectly. And thanks again for the ultrafast update!
Old 09-03-2023, 04:49 AM   #337
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Can you try first uninstalling the existing plugin then try to install the bugfix one and see if that helps?

If it doesn't then I'll try to set up a VM with Debian Sid and try to confirm it myself.
Old 09-03-2023, 05:26 AM   #338
rowanwindwhistle

You are utterly right! I removed the configuration folder to ensure I started with a clean Calibre (as the plugin was not being listed as installed, but there was clearly something lying there somewhere) and then I could use ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip to install the plugin with no issues. I configured it again, tested it and it seems to work like a charm now! Thank you very much for fixing it!!!
Old 09-03-2023, 05:42 AM   #339
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Thanks for confirming, I added that fix version to the 2nd post in this thread for others to see.
Old 09-19-2023, 07:16 AM   #340
clayesq
clayesq began at the beginning.

Device: iBooks (iOS, Mac)
Fix does not seem to work on Calibre 6.26.0. Python error. Always the possibility of user error
clayesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 09:57 AM   #341
clayesq

Here is what I see as an error (all gibberish to me):
Spoiler:

calibre, version 6.26.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 710, in initialize_plugin
File "/Users/chummer/Downloads/zip/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 10, in &lt;module&gt;
from ._mac.util import rand_bytes
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_mac/util.py", line 208, in &lt;module&gt;
from .._openssl._libcrypto import libcrypto
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 30, in &lt;module&gt;
libcrypto = CDLL(libcrypto_path, use_errno=True)
File "ctypes/__init__.py", line 374, in __init__
OSError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib, 0x0006): tried: '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (code signature in &lt;9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D&gt; '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (code signature in &lt;9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D&gt; '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (code signature in &lt;9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D&gt; '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (code signature in &lt;9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D&gt; '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.)
failed with traceback:
File "/Users/chummer/Downloads/zip/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 10, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_mac/util.py", line 208, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in &lt;module&gt;
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 30, in &lt;module&gt;
OSError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib, 0x0006): tried: '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (code signature in &lt;9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D&gt; '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (code signature in &lt;9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D&gt; '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (code signature in &lt;9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D&gt; '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (code signature in &lt;9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D&gt; '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.)

calibre 6.26 embedded-python: True
macOS-14.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '23.0.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 23.0.0: Thu Aug 17 21:23:58 PDT 2023; root:xnu-10002.1.11~3/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.10.1
OSX: ('14.0', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 8) && Overdrive Link (2, 56, 0)
File "/Users/chummer/Downloads/zip/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 10, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_mac/util.py", line 208, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 30, in <module>
OSError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib, 0x0006): tried: '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.)

File "calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 325, in add_plugin
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 520, in add_plugin
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 715, in initialize_plugin
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/Users/chummer/Downloads/zip/ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip/libadobe.py", line 59, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/keys.py", line 5, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_asymmetric.py", line 27, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/kdf.py", line 9, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/util.py", line 10, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_mac/util.py", line 208, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto.py", line 24, in <module>
File "/Users/chummer/Library/Preferences/calibre/plugins/DeACSM/modules/oscrypto/oscrypto/_openssl/_libcrypto_ctypes.py", line 30, in <module>
OSError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib, 0x0006): tried: '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.)
failed with traceback:

Last edited by theducks; 09-19-2023 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Please Spoiler Log files
Old 09-19-2023, 10:09 AM   #342
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
Your libcrypto.3.dylib seems to unsigned. My recommendation is to go back one version or reload it.

Please post which OS you are using.

edit:

I see you are using Mac-OS. The apple.

My Linux Mint system is using openssl3.0.2 with no problems.

bernie
Quote:
/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clayesq View Post
Here is what I see as an error (all gibberish to me):
Spoiler:

calibre, version 6.26.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
failed with traceback:

calibre 6.26 embedded-python: True
macOS-14.0-x86_64-i386-64bit Darwin ('64bit', '')
('Darwin', '23.0.0', 'Darwin Kernel Version 23.0.0: Thu Aug 17 21:23:58 PDT 2023; root:xnu-10002.1.11~3/RELEASE_X86_64')
Python 3.10.1
OSX: ('14.0', ('', '', ''), 'x86_64')
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (10, 0, 3) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 8) && Overdrive Link (2, 56, 0)

File "calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 325, in add_plugin
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 520, in add_plugin
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 715, in initialize_plugin
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: Initialization of plugin Traceback (most recent call last):
failed with traceback:
OSError: dlopen(/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib, 0x0006): tried: '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/lib/libcrypto.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped
file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.), '/System/Volumes/Preboot/Cryptexes/OS/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (no such file), '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' (code signature in <9EC6BA23-15A9-318B-9AE3-32AB9A84CB5D> '/usr/local/Cellar/openssl@3/3.1.2/lib/libcrypto.3.dylib' not valid for use in process: mapped file has no cdhash, completely unsigned? Code has to be at least ad-hoc signed.)

Last edited by gbm; 09-19-2023 at 10:32 AM.
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2023, 05:55 PM   #343
clayesq

Yes, my bad
Running macOS 14.0 (23A339)
Calibre 6.26.0
ACSMInput_0.0.16-bugfix.zip
Old 09-20-2023, 02:14 AM   #344
vpatriot
vpatriot began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks for this excellent plugin. Have you heard any reports of issues with certain .acsm files from Harmathèque?
vpatriot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2023, 01:36 AM   #345
Leseratte_10
Groupie

@clayesq, if this issue is still present, try running "brew unlink openssl@3" and see if that fixes it.

@vpatriot Nope, not heard of any particular issues with that store. Does the issue happen with all of their books or just some? Books from other stores or Adobe's sample page work?

Try running Calibre in debug mode (right-click "Preferences" then "Restart in debug mode"), then import the ACSM, then close calibre. Then a window with a log file should open which you can post here.