Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 04-03-2023, 12:41 AM   #286
miss_p1nky
Enthusiast
miss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enoughmiss_p1nky will become famous soon enough

Device: Moon+ Reader Pro
Hi, is there any update or solution for the deadlocked problem? At the moment I've resorted to manually processing it one by one but it's distracting and takes time when time is of essence. I'd appreciate if you can help. Thanks.
miss_p1nky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 11:45 AM   #287
woohoo
woohoo began at the beginning.

Device: android/fbreader
Just wanted to say Thank You @Leseratte_10, the plugin works flawlessly for me (Calibre 6.14.1 on Debian 11). Awesome work from you!

Last edited by woohoo; 04-05-2023 at 12:21 PM. Reason: typo
woohoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-01-2023, 09:03 AM   #288
Frisbee
Frisbee is a splendid one to beholdFrisbee is a splendid one to beholdFrisbee is a splendid one to beholdFrisbee is a splendid one to beholdFrisbee is a splendid one to beholdFrisbee is a splendid one to beholdFrisbee is a splendid one to beholdFrisbee is a splendid one to beholdFrisbee is a splendid one to beholdFrisbee is a splendid one to beholdFrisbee is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kobo Libra H20
Hi there. Within Calibre, how do I deactivate an account I've previously registered and replace it with a new account? There doesn't seem to be a button for that in the plugin.
Frisbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 04:49 AM   #289
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Open the plugin settings, then press Ctrl+Shift+D, then a dialog will pop up that will let you remove the existing authorization.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2023, 07:58 PM   #290
Keepsmiling
Keepsmiling began at the beginning.

Device: iPad 2018
what is the most current version that will work with calibre 3.48 / Mac OS Sierra (10.12.6) - ya I know - ancient but being a tad paranoid I use this old MacBook for my book and movie conversions

thanks
Keepsmiling is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-03-2023, 09:55 PM   #291
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keepsmiling View Post
what is the most current version that will work with calibre 3.48 / Mac OS Sierra (10.12.6) - ya I know - ancient but being a tad paranoid I use this old MacBook for my book and movie conversions

thanks
You would need to use the latest version ( 0.0.16). I've never tried running ACSM on versions of calibre < 5 but since the ability to run with experimental support for Python2 & Calibre<5 was added in 0.0.16, it may run under 3.48. You can give it a try since it is unlikely that it will trash your calibre install.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2023, 07:31 PM   #292
Keepsmiling

thanks for the response DNSB - but it won't load - deACSM 0.0.16 is what comes up in the plugin search but it won't load - says a calibre update is required but 3.48 is a far as I can go with Sierra - and this old Mac won't go past Sierra

cheers - Dave
Old 05-05-2023, 05:27 AM   #293
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Currently the minimum Calibre version is set to 4.0.0 inside the plugin, so versions older than that will refuse to load the plugin. I didn't think anyone would still be using versions older than that.

I can take a look and see if there's a particular reason I've set that limit or if I could drop that minimum version down to 3.48.

EDIT: I have created a first test version that should run on Calibre 3.48, it's attached to this post. I haven't tested everything, but authorizing an account works and downloading books works. Let me know if this works or if there's more issues.
Attached Files
File Type: zip calibre-plugin-beta-calibre348.zip (468.0 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 05-06-2023 at 08:33 AM.
Old 05-12-2023, 04:58 PM   #294
Keepsmiling

thanks for the help Leseratte - appears the authorizing and downloading worked - have a 1M epub downloaded - but can't read it in the calibre reader - and can't convert it - DeDRM 10.0.3
Old 05-12-2023, 05:09 PM   #295
Keepsmiling

oh ya - ADE 4.5.11
Old 05-13-2023, 02:21 PM   #296
Leseratte_10
Groupie

If the plugin did download an EPUB file and Calibre tells you the book has DRM, that is usually a sign that my plugin worked just fine and it's an issue with DRM removal which we can't give support for here.

If you want, you can import the ACSM again while in debug mode (right-click the preferences icon, select "Restart in debug mode", import ACSM, close Calibre, and a log file should appear) and post the log here so I can confirm that.

Assuming it is an error with DRM removal, you'd need to post that same debug log to noDRM's github page.
Old 05-14-2023, 07:47 AM   #297
hipercol
hipercol began at the beginning.

Device: pw1, aura hd
I'm trying to use the standalone version of the plugin. I've installed oscrypto through pip and made a little more progress but now I'm getting this error:
Code:
$ python register_ADE_account.py
Please enter your AdobeID (or press enter for anonymous auth):
Please enter '1' for ADE 2.0 or '2' for ADE 3.0: 1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "register_ADE_account.py", line 83, in <module>
    main()
  File "register_ADE_account.py", line 55, in main
    success = createDeviceFile(True, VAR_VER)
  File "/home/user1/usb02/acsm-calibre-plugin-master/calibre-plugin/38/libadobeAccount.py", line 76, in createDeviceFile
    fingerprint = makeFingerprint(serial)
  File "/home/user1/usb02/acsm-calibre-plugin-master/calibre-plugin/38/libadobe.py", line 260, in makeFingerprint
    str_to_hash = serial + devkey_bytes.decode('latin-1')
TypeError: can't concat str to bytes
I just want to register and get the epub file as I'll DeDRM elsewhere but I'm limited in what hardware and software I have (Windows XP) and am trying to use the standalone on a headless RPI. I can copy/paste stuff but I can't really troubleshoot anything more complex like code.
hipercol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2023, 09:14 AM   #298
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Thanks for the report, that was a bug in the plugin. Looks like the standalone version isn't really used by anyone so nobody noticed it.

With the latest version on Github (d767857) this should be fixed.

If you don't have a Github account, I've attached a test version here - let me know if this works for you, I don't think the plugin has ever been tested on a Raspberry.

The latest Calibre version that runs on XP seems to be 1.48 - I can't even run that version anymore on a modern system and 2.0.0 changed lots of UI stuff around, so I don't think I'll spend the time making the Calibre plugin work with XP. The standalone version, though, should work with the bug now fixed.
Attached Files
File Type: zip calibre-plugin-fix-standalone.zip (468.0 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by Leseratte_10; 05-14-2023 at 10:25 AM.
Old 05-18-2023, 05:37 AM   #299
mariohi
mariohi began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I'm getting this error. Any idea what is causing it?

Code:
calibre, version 6.17.0 (win32, embedded-python: True)
Conversion error: Failed: Convert book 1 of 1 (urllink (1))

Convert book 1 of 1 (urllink (1))
Conversion options changed from defaults:
  output_profile: 'generic_eink'
  pdf_mono_family: 'Courier New'
  pdf_sans_family: 'Arial'
  pdf_serif_family: 'Arial'
  verbose: 2
  read_metadata_from_opf: 'C:\\Users\\...~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_z7_dhwgp\\li1vzb_6.opf'
Resolved conversion options
calibre version: 6.17.0
{'asciiize': False,
 'author_sort': None,
 'authors': None,
 'base_font_size': 0.0,
 'book_producer': None,
 'change_justification': 'original',
 'chapter': "//*[((name()='h1' or name()='h2') and re:test(., "
            "'\\s*((chapter|book|section|part)\\s+)|((prolog|prologue|epilogue)(\\s+|$))', "
            "'i')) or @class = 'chapter']",
 'chapter_mark': 'pagebreak',
 'comments': None,
 'cover': None,
 'custom_size': None,
 'debug_pipeline': None,
 'dehyphenate': True,
 'delete_blank_paragraphs': True,
 'disable_font_rescaling': False,
 'duplicate_links_in_toc': False,
 'embed_all_fonts': False,
 'embed_font_family': None,
 'enable_heuristics': False,
 'expand_css': False,
 'extra_css': None,
 'filter_css': '',
 'fix_indents': True,
 'font_size_mapping': None,
 'format_scene_breaks': True,
 'html_unwrap_factor': 0.4,
 'input_encoding': None,
 'input_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.InputProfile object at 0x000002A9A8450640>,
 'insert_blank_line': False,
 'insert_blank_line_size': 0.5,
 'insert_metadata': False,
 'isbn': None,
 'italicize_common_cases': True,
 'keep_ligatures': False,
 'language': None,
 'level1_toc': None,
 'level2_toc': None,
 'level3_toc': None,
 'line_height': 0.0,
 'linearize_tables': False,
 'margin_bottom': 5.0,
 'margin_left': 5.0,
 'margin_right': 5.0,
 'margin_top': 5.0,
 'markup_chapter_headings': True,
 'max_toc_links': 50,
 'minimum_line_height': 120.0,
 'new_pdf_engine': False,
 'no_chapters_in_toc': False,
 'no_images': False,
 'no_inline_navbars': False,
 'output_profile': <calibre.customize.profiles.GenericEink object at 0x000002A9A8451F90>,
 'page_breaks_before': "//*[name()='h1' or name()='h2']",
 'paper_size': 'letter',
 'pdf_add_toc': False,
 'pdf_default_font_size': 20,
 'pdf_footer_template': None,
 'pdf_header_template': None,
 'pdf_hyphenate': False,
 'pdf_mark_links': False,
 'pdf_mono_family': 'Courier New',
 'pdf_mono_font_size': 16,
 'pdf_odd_even_offset': 0.0,
 'pdf_page_margin_bottom': 72.0,
 'pdf_page_margin_left': 72.0,
 'pdf_page_margin_right': 72.0,
 'pdf_page_margin_top': 72.0,
 'pdf_page_number_map': None,
 'pdf_page_numbers': False,
 'pdf_sans_family': 'Arial',
 'pdf_serif_family': 'Arial',
 'pdf_standard_font': 'serif',
 'pdf_use_document_margins': False,
 'prefer_metadata_cover': False,
 'preserve_cover_aspect_ratio': False,
 'pretty_print': False,
 'pubdate': None,
 'publisher': None,
 'rating': None,
 'read_metadata_from_opf': 'C:\\Users\\...~1\\AppData\\Local\\Temp\\calibre_z7_dhwgp\\li1vzb_6.opf',
 'remove_fake_margins': True,
 'remove_first_image': False,
 'remove_paragraph_spacing': False,
 'remove_paragraph_spacing_indent_size': 1.5,
 'renumber_headings': True,
 'replace_scene_breaks': '',
 'search_replace': '[]',
 'series': None,
 'series_index': None,
 'smarten_punctuation': False,
 'sr1_replace': None,
 'sr1_search': None,
 'sr2_replace': None,
 'sr2_search': None,
 'sr3_replace': None,
 'sr3_search': None,
 'start_reading_at': None,
 'subset_embedded_fonts': False,
 'tags': None,
 'timestamp': None,
 'title': None,
 'title_sort': None,
 'toc_filter': None,
 'toc_threshold': 6,
 'toc_title': None,
 'transform_css_rules': '[]',
 'transform_html_rules': '[]',
 'uncompressed_pdf': False,
 'unit': 'inch',
 'unsmarten_punctuation': False,
 'unwrap_factor': 0.45,
 'unwrap_lines': True,
 'use_auto_toc': False,
 'use_profile_size': False,
 'verbose': 2}
InputFormatPlugin: PDF Input running
on C:\Users\....~1\AppData\Local\Temp\calibre_z7_dhwgp\h04y3wuv.pdf
Converting file to html...
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "runpy.py", line 196, in _run_module_as_main
  File "runpy.py", line 86, in _run_code
  File "site.py", line 83, in <module>
  File "site.py", line 78, in main
  File "site.py", line 50, in run_entry_point
  File "calibre\utils\ipc\worker.py", line 215, in main
  File "calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 38, in gui_convert_override
  File "calibre\gui2\convert\gui_conversion.py", line 25, in gui_convert
  File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plumber.py", line 1108, in run
  File "calibre\customize\conversion.py", line 242, in __call__
  File "calibre\ebooks\conversion\plugins\pdf_input.py", line 51, in convert
  File "calibre\ebooks\pdf\pdftohtml.py", line 83, in pdftohtml
calibre.ebooks.ConversionError: pdftohtml failed with return code: 1
Syntax Error: Couldn't find the 'EBX_HANDLER' security handler
mariohi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2023, 08:20 AM   #300
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Looks like the book still has DRM (so your DRM removal setup isn't working) so it can't convert.