Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-10-2009, 04:33 PM   #16
binkman71
Enthusiast
binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.binkman71 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Sony PRS-505; nook
The packaging is a puzzle box, I'm convinced.

Anyway, if it doesn't work, you're out of luck regardless. Mine has a defective SD card slot, and I was told I could send it back under the warranty, but that they wouldn't be able to ship me a replacement until mid-late January, after all the preorders get out the door. I decided to hold onto it till the stores have them in stock and I can just do an immediate swap (and not pay to ship it back to B&N).

K.
binkman71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2009, 02:42 AM   #17
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Quote:
Originally Posted by s-one View Post
the only thing is if I turn it on, it'll ask me to register it to which I would want her to do it so it has the "new" feel when she opens it on Christmas.
You can skip the registration and it will ask to be registered on next power-on.
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-12-2009, 07:08 PM   #18
jl619
jl619 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook
My boyfriend let me open my Christmas present early - and the Nook is pretty awesome. Everything is easy to figure out; the touch screen has about a .5 second delay, but once you get used to it, it works well. I like that you can change the wall paper and screen savers - hopefully they'll come out with more in the future. Battery life seems pretty good so far, even with wifi on all the time.
B&N.com has made it pretty easy to add gift cards to your online account, so when you purchase an ebook it deducts from the gift card first and then your credit card. I downloaded ebooks online and it didn't take too long for my nook to update and find the new books in the library. AT&T 3G connection is pretty good too.

Overall, I'm pretty pleased with the new eReader.
jl619 is offline   Reply With Quote