Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 11-14-2021, 12:27 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Why not undock the Preview? (FWIW I leave mine on the second monitor along with other loose tools (like saved searches) )
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2021, 03:02 PM   #17
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Then I have to say I am stumped. Given I cannot reproduce its rather hard for me to come up with a fix.
Hi, Kovid.

I deleted the "tweak_book_gui.json" file and reopened the editor so calibre would recreate it. Then, I reconfigured the editor to look the same as before. Now, the geometry is being saved normally.

Before doing this, I saved two versions of the file, following this steps:

1) Closed the Editor with F&R panel closed;
1a) Saved "tweak_book_gui_BEFORE.json"
2) Opened the Editor, opened the F&R panel (CTRL+F);
3) Closed the Editor, with F&R panel opened.
3a) Saved "tweak_book_gui_AFTER.json"

Only two keys changed (as expected, I believe):

BEFORE:
Code:
"html-editor-state": {
    "__class__": "bytearray",
    "__value__": "AAAA/wAAAAD9AAAAAAAABH8AAANIAAAABAAAAAQAAAAIAAAACPwAAAABAAAAAgAAAAMAAAAUAGEAYwB0AGkAbwBuAF8AYgBhAHIBAAAAAP////8AAAAAAAAAAAAAABIAdABvAG8AbABzAF8AYgBhAHIBAAAA4P////8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAB4AaAB0AG0AbABfAGYAbwByAG0AYQB0AF8AYgBhAHIBAAACCf////8AAAAAAAAAAA=="
  },
  "search-panel-visible": false,
AFTER:
Code:
"html-editor-state": {
    "__class__": "bytearray",
    "__value__": "AAAA/wAAAAD9AAAAAAAABH8AAALdAAAABAAAAAQAAAAIAAAACPwAAAABAAAAAgAAAAMAAAAUAGEAYwB0AGkAbwBuAF8AYgBhAHIBAAAAAP////8AAAAAAAAAAAAAABIAdABvAG8AbABzAF8AYgBhAHIBAAAA4P////8AAAAAAAAAAAAAAB4AaAB0AG0AbABfAGYAbwByAG0AYQB0AF8AYgBhAHIBAAACCf////8AAAAAAAAAAA=="
  },
  "search-panel-visible": true,
I'm sending the complete files so maybe you can see what might be going on. Maybe some corrupted key value got written at some point.

P.S.: I changed the extension of the files because MR does not allow JSON files.
Attached Files
File Type: txt tweak_book_gui_BEFORE.txt (23.4 KB, 105 views)
File Type: txt tweak_book_gui_AFTER.txt (23.4 KB, 90 views)
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2021, 04:14 PM   #18
jjk
Enthusiast
jjk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Kindle Vivlio-Inkpad3
How do you get your editor with color syntaxing ? I didn't know that it was possible.
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2021, 04:23 PM   #19
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjk View Post
How do you get your editor with color syntaxing ? I didn't know that it was possible.
I thought it was default.
IN THE EDITOR: Edit: Preferences: Editor Settings:

Do you have a custom setting?

BTW What release of Calibre are you using?
Old 11-22-2021, 05:39 AM   #20
jjk
Enthusiast
jjk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Kindle Vivlio-Inkpad3
Thanks theducks.
Yes, I see. I was wrong, I meaned dark theme.
So I changed, in Editor settings, color schema from classic to wombat-dark, and I get beautiful color syntaxing.
Still thanks.
jjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-22-2021, 10:30 AM   #21
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Classic had color syntax for me, it just was too pale of a contrast for old eyes. Wombat-dark for me
Old 12-07-2021, 07:40 AM   #22
perbrethil
perbrethil began at the beginning.

Device: PC
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Well, this is an old and annoying issue for me either. I've already made a post about this a long time ago. IIRC, the problem is the minimum size allowed by QT for the search bar. Every time you close the Editor without closing the search bar first, then it messes your UI setup.

It would be really nice if this could be "fixed" somehow.
oh my god, that was exactly it! thank you!
would indeed be nice if it would've worked automatically, but i can at least work with this
perbrethil is offline   Reply With Quote