Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 12-26-2010, 11:01 PM   #16
glazwegian
glazwegian is on a distinguished road

Device: Nook Color, Sony PRS-350(silver)
Yep, it was a NC for Christmas!! It was a present from my wife, and after using(playing) with it today, I can't believe I actually told her I might want a Sony PRS-650 instead. I'm very happy with the NC! It's an excellent design that seems well made, and the packaging and presentation are as good as any product I've purchased.....kudos B&N.

P.S. - my wife has a Nook 3G, so I get to "share" books that interest me from her library, as well.
glazwegian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 11:18 PM   #17
detection
detection began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Nook Wi-Fi for me! Still loading it up with books and screensavers and such, have barely started reading yet, lol! But I think we're gonna get along great.
detection is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-26-2010, 11:37 PM   #18
hurling frootmig
hurling frootmig began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-505
Nook Color given to my father and I liked it so much I bought one for myself to go along with my Sony PRS-505.
hurling frootmig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 11:24 AM   #19
luqmaninbmore
Da'i
luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.luqmaninbmore ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Toshiba Thrive, Kobo Touch, Kindle 1, Aluratek Libre, T-Mobile Comet
Well, I don't celebrate Christmas (see my avatar), but my lovely wife bought me a nc as an early birthday present. Loving it.
luqmaninbmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 05:50 PM   #20
astrangerhere
Professor of Law
astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrangerhere ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Elipsa, Kobo Libra H20, Kobo Aura One, KoboMini
It was a Nook gift-card Christmas for me. wonder how fast I can chew through $200...
astrangerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2010, 10:07 AM   #21
zaksma
zaksma began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
It was a late Nook Christmas here as well. My husband had planned on getting me an iPad (much against my wishes) but he had traded in some loyalty point to get a few Best Buy gift cards to ease the financial burn and they didn't get here in time. So my bf got an iPad and I was finally able to convince him that after some real world time with one (as opposed to playing in a store) no, I wasn't being modest about the iPad, I really didn't want one and hey, look B&N had this cool new Nook that has a web browser and all the stuff I would use anyway. So we took those BB gift cards and bought me a NC last night. I have resisted the pull of an eReader forever because he works in the printing industry so I felt sort of like I traitor for turning my back on printed books but let's be honest, there are still some books that I will buy (ie. art books and stuff). lol

Amy
zaksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 10:17 AM   #22
zeroh
Zealot
zeroh doesn't litterzeroh doesn't litter

Device: nook color
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaksma View Post
It was a late Nook Christmas here as well. My husband had planned on getting me an iPad (much against my wishes) but he had traded in some loyalty point to get a few Best Buy gift cards to ease the financial burn and they didn't get here in time. So my bf got an iPad and I was finally able to convince him that after some real world time with one (as opposed to playing in a store) no, I wasn't being modest about the iPad, I really didn't want one and hey, look B&N had this cool new Nook that has a web browser and all the stuff I would use anyway. So we took those BB gift cards and bought me a NC last night. I have resisted the pull of an eReader forever because he works in the printing industry so I felt sort of like I traitor for turning my back on printed books but let's be honest, there are still some books that I will buy (ie. art books and stuff). lol

Amy
?? husband and a bf ??
zeroh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 12:18 PM   #23
zaksma
zaksma began at the beginning.

Sorry, bf was best friend, not boyfriend. Although, yeah, otherwise, that might be awkward. lol
zaksma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2010, 02:26 PM   #24
Quirky
Quirky began at the beginning.

(waves at Amy) I got a Nook Color too -- total impulse xmas suggestion to the dh, but so far I'm loving it! So far it's not at all enhancing my work productivity tho. Too much to research (to root or not to root?), too many accessories to research (covers? skins?), etc.

The kids love it -- I have to make sure I enable the password for buying so that I don't accidentally have thousands of dollars of kids' picture books downloaded courtesy of 3 year old dd! She's been iphone native since she was 1 so the Nook doesn't present much of a challenge.
Quirky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2010, 04:04 PM   #25
IrishEyes
IrishEyes began at the beginning.

Device: nook simple touch, nook HD+
I got a nook wifi complete with an "M-Edge Latitude" cover and booklight from my hubby for Christmas. I've put a small notebook and pen in the front pocket and my reading glasses in the back pocket with the top of the light.

I've never used an e-reader before and chose the nook over Kindle because I wanted to be able to read library books. Before researching readers I had assumed all readers had that ability. I work on the computer all day so I needed something that was not backlit. The small touchscreen gives me to the best of both worlds. I get some color but it doesn't interfere with my reading. The touchscreen is much more useful than I originally thought and easier to use too. I'm in love with my nook!
IrishEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 06:45 PM   #26
Harry001
Addict
Harry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enoughHarry001 will become famous soon enough

Device: palmone lifedrive+sonyreader 505+NookColor+HPTouchpad \32GB+NookSimple
it definitely was a Nook Color Christmas!

At least for me!

Keep reading and happy new year

harry
Harry001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:05 PM   #27
ShawnE
ShawnE began at the beginning.

Device: Original Cybook, Sony 505. Sony 900 and Nook Color
A Nook Color! I refused to give hints this year and my hubby came through!!
Now my collection:
Cybook Gen 1 (its going to be an antique I KNOW it)
Sony 505
Sony 900
Nook Color

May give the 505 to my daughter... I'll think on it.

LOL
ShawnE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:08 PM   #28
T1m0thy
T1m0thy began at the beginning.

Device: Color Nook
I'm really excited about my color nook. Now I have to figure out how to afford one for my mom, who's really jealous! I love this thing. I can even play all of the video's that I've downloaded from www.stagevu.com . Of course, that's with it rooted. Thinking I might have to get a Galaxy Tablet now too...

Not impressed with Barnes and Nobles, but I can't blame them for trying to be proprietary. I just wish the USB cable charged it, now I'll have to wait and buy a DC charger for the car, just in case!
T1m0thy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2010, 07:52 PM   #29
Krakyn
Krakyn began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Ipad
yes it was

Totally enjoying my nook color. Can't stop playing with it. Actually am using it right now and commenting on this board...kindle cant do that!
Krakyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #30
merlin5353
Trying to sort it out...
merlin5353 began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color, Nook classic, Eee PC
Yep, got a NC from my Wife. Still playing with it. Not decided as whether to root/not-root. Guess ill see whar B&N comes up with this month.
merlin5353 is offline   Reply With Quote