Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 04-07-2022, 11:25 AM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by M*I*B View Post
Ok, back to topic...

@Davis:
That's all clear at this point but if I create a user in Calibre how can this user login from the minimalist Calibre server WEB-GUI? There isn't any menu or anything else that a user can login with the former created credentials ...
And yes... I have former think that the Calibre on Windows i.e. is usable as an Frontend to a running Calibre-Server-Instance. And that I crash the DB if I use the same folder from different installations is clear like water...
You are creating users for the calibre Content server (the WEB-GUI interface). Once created and requiring authentication enabled, you will be prompted to login when you connect. You can allows users to access certain libraries or all libraries. So you could set your wife to access one library and your daughter to access another.

You will not be able to modify the calibre library directory structure. For several pretty good reasons, that structure is not changeable. Over the years, I have come to prefer search instead of a complex directory structure to locate a book so that fixed directory structure does not bother me.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote