Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-17-2023, 04:23 AM   #16
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
Quote:
Originally Posted by crich70 View Post
My belated condolences on your loss. Never had any siblings myself though I would have liked to have had some. Both my parents came from big families. Mom was the oldest of 5 and dad the youngest of 6.
Thank you.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 07:56 PM   #17
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Monday was another day that I will remember for the wrong reasons. A neighbor called me up and said she had bad news and I needed to sit down. Her daughter lives in another building of the same apt. complex and had called her. A friend of mine (whom I dated for a while some time back) was found deceased that morning. She had a number of medical problems for which she was given meds in the mornings and evenings and she was found that morning (Monday) when they came to give her her morning meds. From what I understand she may have been overdosed on her meds the night prior. They gave her the meds for Saturday's when they arrived to give her Friday evenings meds and then would come back on Sunday to give her her meds for Sunday (the people that deliver meds don't work on Saturday) so she had to have been over dosed on Sunday night. She would have me call her in the morning (to make sure she was awake) and of course she had answered on Sunday but didn't answer yesterday morning. She would have been 50 on January 3rd (she was green counties New Year baby the year she was born).
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-19-2023, 07:58 PM   #18
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

She will be missed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20231218_203701.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	911.2 KB
ID:	205336  
Old 12-20-2023, 12:59 AM   #19
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
My deepest sympathy.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2023, 05:17 AM   #20
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
So sorry to hear this.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2023, 06:53 AM   #21
crich70
Grand Sorcerer

Thanks. One blessing I have is that she had called me several times and left voice mail. I had saved several (including one where she wished me Happy Birthday) and last night I was able to copy them to mp3 format (using my Kindlefire & and app) then email the files to myself. So at least I will be able to hear her voice as well as having her picture to remember her by. I don't really have any audio of Lisa or mom. Just the pictures I took of each of them. Tomorrow (Friday) I am supposed to meet my therapist via zoom. I had sent her a message via Mychart about what's happening and she wrote back that she had an opening on Friday morning if I needed to talk. I already had an appt. scheduled for Jan 2nd (made long before Luann's passing) but it is good that I will have a chance to talk to her sooner. And I've been invited to a Christmas party by the family that live directly above me for the evening of the 24th so I won't be alone that evening though my church also has their Candlelight service that evening as well. It's going to be a sad holiday this year though. Losing someone any time of the year is hard, but I think it's even harder around the holidays. I attended Bible Study last night and asked for prayers for her family. She was her mom's only child so I can only imagine how she is dealing with the situation.