Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-16-2023, 12:10 AM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
What happens if you open Hyper-V Manager => Virtual Switch Manager and remove that switch?
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 12:24 AM   #17
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
What happens if you open Hyper-V Manager => Virtual Switch Manager and remove that switch?
I cannot find such an application.
I think, it is PureVPN, and there I cannot remove it.
When finishing the Atom services - Clibre shows this IP

Last edited by ottischwenk; 11-16-2023 at 12:35 AM.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-16-2023, 03:10 AM   #18
Comfy.n
want to learn what I want
Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Comfy.n ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Calibre E-book viewer
I wouldn't bother with that, but I've found a way to have Calibre display only my main network adapter IP (it usually displays 3 IPs):

Press Win + R (run) -> type ncpa.cpl -> disable my other adapters - this is done by right clicking each one and selecting Disable.

BTW, I don't see that Hyper-V thingy on my Windows 10 version, but I have two of these besides my main network adapter: "VMware Network Adapter VMnet1" - also related to OS virtualization.
Comfy.n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2023, 03:32 AM   #19
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comfy.n View Post
Press Win + R (run) -> type ncpa.cpl -> disable my other adapters - this is done by right clicking each one and selecting Disable.
I cannot disable PureVPN. Only connect/seperate is possible and it is seperated.
Old 11-16-2023, 05:47 PM   #20
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I cannot find such an application.
I think, it is PureVPN, and there I cannot remove it.
When finishing the Atom services - Clibre shows this IP
For me, Hyper-V Manager shows in the search box when I type hyper.
Advert
Old 11-17-2023, 01:49 AM   #21
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
I cannot remove the switch
Old 11-17-2023, 08:03 PM   #22
DNSB
Bibliophagist

If you tried Hyper-V Manager as administrator and it still didn't allow removing the switch, I suspect you will have to go back to the 0.0.0.0 option. Since neither of the addresses you show are routable (both fit into the RFC 1918 defined private address blocks), you should not need to worry about someone outside your wireless network accessing either address.

Last edited by DNSB; 11-17-2023 at 08:05 PM.
Old 11-19-2023, 01:31 AM   #23
ottischwenk
Wizard

I have the problem that because of the two addresses, a wireless connection in the 2.4 GHz network cannot be established on some devices - Calibre cannot be found.