Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 07-15-2022, 01:03 AM   #196
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB Era, PB InkPad 3 Pro
Just tested both authorization and fulfillment with Calibre 6 and both are working fine.

I didn't explicitly re-test all the "Import auth from Windows/MacOS/Wine ADE" stuff as that's more complicated, but given that the Calibre update was "just" GUI stuff and no major Python update I doubt that there would be issues.
Leseratte_10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:42 AM   #197
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I installed calibre on a new machine for a friend of mine. DeACSM installed, imported the authorization, etc. without issue on calibre 6.00 under Windows 11. The new install was done since she was having some issues with her old calibre install mostly, IMO, due to never having met a plugin she didn't want to install.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-23-2022, 04:41 PM   #198
Patricia1066
Zealot
Patricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to beholdPatricia1066 is a splendid one to behold

Device: Kindle PW 10th gen, Kindle Fire 7 9th gen, Kindle KB 3rd gen
On Chromebook, Version 104.0.5112.57 I upgraded to Calibre 6.1 and the deACSM works well, no glitches or problems
Patricia1066 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 02:05 PM   #199
PeterShow
Enthusiast
PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Sony Reader T3
Where ist the Version for Calibre 6?

The Version vom git does not work:

calibre, version 6.1.0
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in '/home/samuel/Downloads/acsm-calibre-plugin-master.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

calibre 6.1 embedded-python: True
Linux-5.18.13-200.fc36.x86_64-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 Linux ('64bit', 'ELF')
('Linux', '5.18.13-200.fc36.x86_64', '#1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Jul 22 14:03:36 UTC 2022')
Python 3.10.1
Interface language: de
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeDRM (7, 1, 0) && Annotations (1, 16, 0) && BOL_DE (0, 9, 2) && Count Pages (1, 11, 2) && EpubMerge (2, 12, 0) && EpubSplit (3, 2, 0) && Favourites Menu (1, 1, 0) && Find Duplicates (1, 9, 4) && Generate Cover (2, 1, 0) && Hyphenate This! (0, 1, 3) && Import List (1, 8, 2) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 7, 0) && MultiColumnSearch (1, 0, 87) && Quality Check (1, 12, 0) && Reading List (1, 8, 0) && Resize Cover (1, 1, 0) && Similar Stories (1, 0, 58) && Sony PRS-T1 notes plugin (1, 1, 0) && Sum Column (0, 3, 0) && View Manager (1, 7, 0) && Wiki Reader (2, 2, 1)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/preferences/plugins.py", line 325, in add_plugin
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 476, in add_plugin
File "calibre/customize/ui.py", line 64, in load_plugin
File "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 295, in load
File "calibre/customize/zipplugin.py", line 390, in _locate_code
calibre.customize.InvalidPlugin: The plugin in '/home/samuel/Downloads/acsm-calibre-plugin-master.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file

Update:

Beta works

Last edited by PeterShow; 07-27-2022 at 02:30 PM.
PeterShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2022, 05:27 PM   #200
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterShow View Post
Where ist the Version for Calibre 6?

The Version vom git does not work:

calibre, version 6.1.0
FEHLER: Unbehandelter Ausnahmefehler: <b>InvalidPlugin</b>:The plugin in '/home/samuel/Downloads/acsm-calibre-plugin-master.zip' is invalid. It does not contain a top-level __init__.py file
If you downloaded the DeACSM_0.0.15.zip file from the releases, it should work. If you downloaded the code using the Code button => Download ZIP, you would need to massage the download to generate a calibre installable file. If you logged and and downloaded the artifact from the last run, you would need to extract the calibre-plugin.zip from the the downloaded artifact.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2022, 04:31 AM   #201
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Deleted post as @PeterShow is sorted now.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 06:47 AM   #202
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Given that the beta seems to be working, any reason not to make it the release version?
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2022, 10:02 AM   #203
Leseratte_10
Groupie
Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leseratte_10 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Right now the beta contains oscrypto 1.3.0 plus a hacky fix that modifies oscrypto to work on Ubuntu 22.04 and similar. I've made a PR with these changes on May 3rd, and the author immediately responded with a couple additional changes he'd like to see in the PR.

I implemented these on May 6th, and since then I haven't heard anything from him despite asking for an update multiple times (May 13th, May 28th, July 13th).

Given that I have no idea when my PR will finally be included in a new release of oscrypto I might have to deal with it and include a forked / modified version of oscrypto similar to how it's currently implemented in the beta, even though I don't really like that solution.
Old 07-30-2022, 02:38 PM   #204
catsknit
Addict
catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.catsknit is out to avenge the death of his or her father, Domingo Montoya.

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Samsung tablet, Kobo Libra, InkPad 3 Pro

Just dropping in here to say a huge thank you for this plugin. I don't have enough technical knowledge to understand most of what is discussed in the thread but suffice to say, I installed it yesterday and it is working beautifully. I have been fighting with ADE for years, it constantly says my books are missing despite being clearly in the library it uses, and i have to redownload, etc. It loses my credentials often and I have to re-authorize, etc. NO more. I used to buy a lot of my books from Google books but had stopped due to the ADE hassle.
catsknit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 05:30 AM   #205
Leseratte_10
Groupie

I've just released v0.0.16 with all the changes in the last couple months, there's no longer a need to use a beta version for Calibre 6 or Ubuntu 22.04. For more information see the changelog in the 1st post or on Github.
Old 07-31-2022, 06:51 AM   #206
PeterShow
Enthusiast
PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.PeterShow can do the Funky Gibbon.

Device: Sony Reader T3
I got this trying to add books:

calibre, version 6.2.1
ACHTUNG: Fehler während des Hinzufügens: Es gab Probleme beim Hinzufügen einiger Dateien, klicken Sie auf "Details anzeigen" für weitere Informationen

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Hinzufügen der Datei /home/samuel/Downloads/URLLink(7) zum Buch URLLink(7) fehlgeschlagen
Mit Fehler:
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre/gui2/add.py", line 487, in add_formats
File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 1771, in add_format
File "calibre/db/cache.py", line 1728, in _do_add_format
File "calibre/db/backend.py", line 1712, in add_format
FileNotFoundError: [Errno 2] Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden: '/home/samuel/Calibre Bibliothek/Unbekannt/URLLink(7) (9313)/URLLink(7) - Unbekannt./home/samuel/downloads/urllink(7)'
PeterShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 06:54 AM   #207
Leseratte_10
Groupie

That's a general issue with Calibre.

Calibre doesn't like / doesn't import books that don't have a file extension. The same bug would also occur with EPUB files or other valid books.

Rename "URLLink(7)" to "URLLink(7).acsm" and it should work.
Old 07-31-2022, 01:52 PM   #208
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leseratte_10 View Post
I've just released v0.0.16 with all the changes in the last couple months, there's no longer a need to use a beta version for Calibre 6 or Ubuntu 22.04. For more information see the changelog in the 1st post or on Github.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 05:38 PM   #209
GeniusJ
Connoisseur
GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeniusJ ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
How do I change/remove the ADE authorization within the plugin? I've authorized a different account within ADE but the plugin still thinks its registered to the old account.
GeniusJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:58 AM   #210
Leseratte_10
Groupie

Open the plugin settings window then press CTRL+SHIFT+D. Haven't made this one readily available as a button to prevent people from losing an authorization by accident.