Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2023, 03:33 PM   #1726
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
PM sent
Old 08-08-2023, 02:12 PM   #1727
lvduyn
lvduyn began at the beginning.

Device: KOBO CLARA HD
Hello could someone be so kind to send me an image for a Kobo Clara HD. Thanks you!
Advert
Old 08-08-2023, 02:26 PM   #1728
lvduyn

Is there a procedure you have to follow to make the new image work? Or can you just put in the new SD card to make the Kobo work again. I've got two left hands ... :S
Old 08-08-2023, 02:31 PM   #1729
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvduyn View Post
Is there a procedure you have to follow to make the new image work? Or can you just put in the new SD card to make the Kobo work again. I've got two left hands ... :S
The instructions are in the message referenced in the PM sent. Basically, you will need to use the tools to place the image on the µSD card and then place it in the Kobo. Once it is in the Kobo, it will either work (yeah!) or it will not work if the Kobo has other issues {boo!).

Also while you have private message enabled, you will need to allow non-admins to send you messages.

User Control Panel => Settings & Options => Edit Options => Messaging & Notifications => Private Messaging, remove the checkmark from Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators

See the attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	edit_options.png
Views:	35
Size:	105.0 KB
ID:	203062  
Old 08-08-2023, 02:40 PM   #1730
Kademo15
Kademo15 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo Clara HD image needed

Hello to you all, so my grandpa gave me his Kobo clara HD because it wouldn't boot anymore. Its in a boot loop, flashes white a second and turns off again. While trying to update the firmware I deleted to many files and now i am left with and empty .kobo folder. Thankfully i didnt format the partitions so a working image should hopefully do the trick, therefore I came here to request an image for the Kobo Clara HD.
Thank you for you help with best regards Kademo
Advert
Old 08-08-2023, 02:45 PM   #1731
lvduyn

Thanks for your quick response and I've removed the checkmark.
Old 08-08-2023, 03:48 PM   #1732
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent
Old 08-09-2023, 06:09 AM   #1733
hdsurf
hdsurf began at the beginning.

Hi DNSB,
I also have a Kobo Clara HD stuck in the loading screen and would like to try a new SD card. Could you send me a new image?
Thanks in advance!
Old 08-09-2023, 07:29 AM   #1734
hdsurf

Actually after reading many posts here I'm not sure if it's the same issue. The Clara HD is stuck in the loading screen (with the 3 dots). It doesn't respond to anything, only the LED blinks when pressing the button.

Is this a bricked SD card, or is it dead?
Old 08-10-2023, 12:20 AM   #1735
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by hdsurf View Post
Actually after reading many posts here I'm not sure if it's the same issue. The Clara HD is stuck in the loading screen (with the 3 dots). It doesn't respond to anything, only the LED blinks when pressing the button.

Is this a bricked SD card, or is it dead?
It could be either. Have you tried the Kobo manual factory reset for the Clara HD?

Basic steps:
  • Connect your ereader to a power source (wall wart, computer) and let it charge for at least an hour.
  • Press and hold the power button. If nothing happens, hold it for 30-40 seconds and then release the power button.
  • Press the power button and hold it until the power LED starts blinking rapidly and then glows steadily.
  • Release the power button.
  • Wait for the Restoring screen to appear.

A PM with the link to the Clara HD image has also been sent.
Old 08-10-2023, 02:05 PM   #1736
jbmar412
jbmar412 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
Hello, could someone please send me the Kobo Clara HD sd card image? Thanks in advance!
Old 08-10-2023, 02:57 PM   #1737
hdsurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
It could be either. Have you tried the Kobo manual factory reset for the Clara HD?

Basic steps:
  • Connect your ereader to a power source (wall wart, computer) and let it charge for at least an hour.
  • Press and hold the power button. If nothing happens, hold it for 30-40 seconds and then release the power button.
  • Press the power button and hold it until the power LED starts blinking rapidly and then glows steadily.
  • Release the power button.
  • Wait for the Restoring screen to appear.

A PM with the link to the Clara HD image has also been sent.
I've tried this, so probably it's dead. I will try the image, thanks!
Old 08-10-2023, 04:54 PM   #1738
Garry
Garry began at the beginning.

Device: kobo aura HD & Kobo clara
Hello, could someone please send me the Kobo Clara HD sd card image? Regards
Old 08-10-2023, 06:48 PM   #1739
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PMs sent.
Old 08-11-2023, 09:01 AM   #1740
Carol
Carol began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo clara HD
Dear David,
I really need help with getting Kobo Clara HD image. My ereader was stock in loading page and I was trying to fix this following one of youtube channel. and acciently erased the image before duplicating it. So there is nothing at the moment. It would be great if you can help me with this.

Kind regards,
Carol
Closed Thread

Tags
frozen, image, issue