Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2023, 05:52 AM   #1681
chabipoter
chabipoter began at the beginning.

Device: kobo clara hd
hey guys, the ereader is already repaired thanks to your instructions.
Thank you so much DNSB
Old 07-20-2023, 08:03 AM   #1682
ClaraWings
Clara
ClaraWings began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Hey there, bricked my Clara HD yesterday. Would someone be so kind as to send me the image?

Thanks
Advert
Old 07-20-2023, 12:02 PM   #1683
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
PM sent
Old 07-20-2023, 03:36 PM   #1684
graphiel3
graphiel3 began at the beginning.

clara hd sd image

can i get an sd card image for kobo clara hd? i bricked my device.
Old 07-20-2023, 03:54 PM   #1685
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by graphiel3 View Post
can i get an sd card image for kobo clara hd? i bricked my device.

You will need to have Private Messages enabled before you can be sent the link. If you don't see that option in the "Edit Options" of the User control panel, you should post in the Requests to enable Private Messages thread to ask for them to be enabled.

Once PMs are enabled, please re-post here to let me know.
Advert
Old 07-20-2023, 08:09 PM   #1686
offmilk
offmilk began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Hi, I (or the most recent software update) similarly bricked my Kobo Clara 2E. Would anyone have the SD card image for this model?

@DNSB/David it seems you might?

Thanks in advance.
Old 07-20-2023, 11:44 PM   #1687
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent.
Old 07-21-2023, 10:10 PM   #1688
googlehead31
googlehead31 began at the beginning.

Image Needed Too

I installed Plato on my Kobo, but now when I go to my books, it shows a bunch of icons like arrow-up, exit, etc. I tried deleting everything that was added in the Plato extraction, but I must have accidentally deleted system files, because the eReader didn't turn on. Please send the image and something that I could use with the image to restore the Kobo and reinstall it.
Old 07-22-2023, 12:02 AM   #1689
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by googlehead31 View Post
I installed Plato on my Kobo, but now when I go to my books, it shows a bunch of icons like arrow-up, exit, etc. I tried deleting everything that was added in the Plato extraction, but I must have accidentally deleted system files, because the eReader didn't turn on. Please send the image and something that I could use with the image to restore the Kobo and reinstall it.
Have you tried the manual factory reset procedure?

Kobo Clara HD reset steps
  • Connect your eReader to a power source by doing one of the following:
    Turn on your computer and connect the included USB power cord to your computer first, and then your eReader.
    Plug the wall charger (not included) to a power outlet, and then connect your eReader to the wall charger.
    Charge your eReader for at least 1 hour.
  • Press and hold the power button until you see the words “Powered off” on the screen and until the power light turns off. If you don't see anything, continue to hold the button for 30 seconds.
  • Release the power button.
  • Hold down the power button.
  • The power light will remain on. Once the power light turns off, release the power button.
  • Your eReader will start the factory reset process. You should see a black screen that tells you the eReader is resetting. Do not turn off your eReader during this process.

I would recommend using the script in the 2nd message in the One-Click Install Packages for KOReader & Plato thread to install Plato and/or KOReader since the script will set the exclusions in the Kobo eReader.conf file so you don't see all the graphics and text files from the install.

If the manual reset doesn't work for you, please post here and I will send you the link to the firmware image.
Old 07-22-2023, 12:04 AM   #1690
DNSB
Bibliophagist

@graphiel3: PM sent
Old 07-24-2023, 12:19 AM   #1691
bobbypaiva
bobbypaiva began at the beginning.

Need the Clara HD SD card image

Hey there. The latest update (or quite possibly me) bricked my daughter's Clara HD and it's stuck on a constant restoring loop. Would anyone be so kind as to send me the SD card image?
Old 07-24-2023, 12:01 PM   #1692
DNSB
Bibliophagist

PM sent
Old 07-25-2023, 01:35 PM   #1693
mood_punk
mood_punk began at the beginning.

Unhappy Kobo Clara HD

Hello, I need a image file for my Kobo Clara HD.
Thank you
Old 07-25-2023, 01:36 PM   #1694
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mood_punk View Post
Hello, I need a image file for my Kobo Clara HD.
Thank you

You will need to have Private Messages enabled before you can be sent the link. If you don't see that option in the "Edit Options" of the User control panel, you should post in the Requests to enable Private Messages thread to ask for them to be enabled.

Once PMs are enabled, please re-post here to let me know.
Old 07-26-2023, 11:35 AM   #1695
franciskan
franciskan began at the beginning.

Kobo Clara HD got freeze in a restoring loop

Hi all,

Some has a SD image for the Kobo Clara HD? Seems something got wrong as is freeze in a for ever loop trying to restore the system.

Thanks!
Closed Thread

Tags
frozen, image, issue