Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-23-2023, 11:38 AM   #151
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
...and another item today. When an item's not yet out for delivery and it's nearly noon, it's not coming today. I know it. Why doesn't Amazon know it?
This should be interesting to see how accurately Amazon predicts:

It's 9:30am on Thanksgiving Day. I just ordered a Black Friday deal Cuisinart bread maker from Amazon. They say it is scheduled for delivery today between 10:00am (30 minutes from ordering it!) and 3:00pm. On Thanksgiving Day none the less. According to Amazon, it will get here in time for me to make a loaf of bread for tonight's dinner!
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 12:11 PM   #152
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
I had gone back to the page and I could get the offer; my best guess is that the age of the device is an issue. Originally I had selected an older device to trade in and got a "you'll get your discount once we get the device and evaluate it"; once I tried a more recent device, it was willing to give me the gc and discount immediately. Which was better for my purposes anyway, since the gc amount was so much more and I also, as you said, have until some time in January to send in the old tablet.

So, glad enough to be getting a newer HD 8, as my only real beef with Fires is that they get slower over time. And I'm still taking the lesson for the future, that if I want to trade in a dinosaur I should get the process going a couple of weeks before a major sale.
Interesting. I thought the 20 percent didn't depend on the age or condition of the device, and the trade-in value of the device would have been adjusted already to account for its age. (I have an old 7-inch Fire tablet which showed a whopping $1 trade-in value!)
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-23-2023, 12:33 PM   #153
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Black Friday

Black Friday continues for many stores with others joining in the fray today. Pay particular attention to times, dates, and other restrictions during these sales, especially for doorbusters.

See front page for a listing of stores and dates being tracked and here for a list of stores closed today.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-23-2023 at 01:02 PM.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 12:37 PM   #154
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
(I have an old 7-inch Fire tablet which showed a whopping $1 trade-in value!)
Dang! That's a lot of money. I hope jumped on it.
Old 11-23-2023, 02:37 PM   #155
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Amazon has a STARZ deal, but I thought some might be interested in this alternative - I just signed up for the 99 cent Hulu deal and was offered a STARZ add-on for 6 months at 99 cents.
Cool. Is that $0.99/mo for 6 months or $0.99 total?
Advert
Old 11-23-2023, 02:48 PM   #156
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Dang! That's a lot of money. I hope jumped on it.
It was a tough choice; $30 trade-in value for the old 10-inch, $1 for the old 7-inch.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 02:55 PM   #157
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Streaming Video
  • Amz Channels (18 chan) -- 75% off x 2 mo -- exp 03 Dec

• Starz -- $2.50/mo x 2 mo -- exp 03 Dec (from Amz Chan)
  • Starz -- $3.00/mo x 3 mo --limited time
  • Starz -- $20 x 6 months -- limited time
Old 11-23-2023, 03:15 PM   #158
Hemmi
Grand Sorcerer
Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hemmi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sonys, Nooks, Kobo Libra, Forma, Mini, Paperwhite
Quote:
Cool. Is that $0.99/mo for 6 months or $0.99 total?
Quote:
Originally Posted by cc_in_oh View Post
Amazon has a STARZ deal, but I thought some might be interested in this alternative - I just signed up for the 99 cent Hulu deal and was offered a STARZ add-on for 6 months at 99 cents.
I signed up for the Hulu deal today too. STARZ was offered as an add on at $0.99 a month for 6 months and Disney+ (with ads) for $2.00 a month. The Disney+ offer didn't say for how long it's $2 a month so I'll need to keep an eye on that.

Last edited by Hemmi; 11-23-2023 at 03:18 PM.
Hemmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2023, 03:26 PM   #159
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well, shame on me for being a non-believer.

Ordered at 9:30am. Delivered at 1:00pm. On a holiday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by haertig View Post
This should be interesting to see how accurately Amazon predicts:

It's 9:30am on Thanksgiving Day. I just ordered a Black Friday deal Cuisinart bread maker from Amazon. They say it is scheduled for delivery today between 10:00am (30 minutes from ordering it!) and 3:00pm. On Thanksgiving Day none the less. According to Amazon, it will get here in time for me to make a loaf of bread for tonight's dinner!
Old 11-24-2023, 07:33 PM   #160
Manabi
Wizard
Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Manabi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Galaxy S22
Haven't seen a phone deal I'm interested in yet, but I did pick up a CPU and motherboard for a new computer at a decent discount. Hoping that some memory and storage will go sale Cyber Monday which will just about complete it.

But other than that, the sales seem... kind of underwhelming.
Manabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2023, 08:28 PM   #161
haertig
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Nah ..... They're always such GREAT sales!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BlackFriday.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	204901  
Old 11-24-2023, 09:27 PM   #162
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manabi View Post
Haven't seen a phone deal I'm interested in yet, but I did pick up a CPU and motherboard for a new computer at a decent discount. Hoping that some memory and storage will go sale Cyber Monday which will just about complete it.

Extremely underwhelming. BF keeps getting worse every year and the $20~$30 phones are now a thing of the past.

So far, I haven't purchased anything. I may get one or two of the streaming video services since I no longer have any paid services.
Old 11-25-2023, 12:22 AM   #163
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
I bought a Kindle tablet for my grandniece way back when they were 50% off (better than the BF price from what I saw).

Other than that I bought one usb flashdrive from Best Buy and my usual mini-wall (paper) calendar for my bulletin board.

Agree BF has become more underwhelming the longer they stretch the timeframe for "deals" out.

I may still do the Kobo giftcard deal. I am still debating with myself.
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 12:56 AM   #164
GA Russell
Opening Day June 6
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
I haven't pulled the trigger yet. I've seen some good prices, but no remarkable discount.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2023, 07:54 AM   #165
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Extremely underwhelming. BF keeps getting worse every year and the $20~$30 phones are now a thing of the past..
Yes; it's a pity. I still have older phones that work and they'd be fine, except that the OS is obsolete. And once you can't install/update apps, the writing's on the wall.
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote