Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-09-2024, 03:38 PM   #37246
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Amazon packed a bag of fragile cookies in the same box as a 10-pound container of cat litter. Well, I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 04:25 PM   #37247
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Good grief. You can't make up that level of stoopid. Why not get the veterinarians involved and do "trap, neuter, release" to prevent the little buggers from breeding? (Joking of course lest someone think I'm serious)
You may not have been serious but if they hold another town hall, I think I will bring up the suggestion just to watch the reactions. My warped sense of humour thinks that would be fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deskisamess View Post
Nothing beats the old fashioned snap traps. It's quick and done. We just had a conversation about mice in a rental property with a cousin. The landlord wants them to use the sticky traps, and told them to then "smash it with a brick" to kill them. Because the snap traps are inhumane.
Well, the brick, if properly wielded, would be fast. Cleaning up the mess would be a bit slower.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 04:26 PM   #37248
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Amazon packed a bag of fragile cookies in the same box as a 10-pound container of cat litter. Well, I guess that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Should that post be in the Terrible Jokes thread?
Old 05-09-2024, 04:29 PM   #37249
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Should that post be in the Terrible Jokes thread?
No, because it's actually a vent.
Old 05-09-2024, 05:20 PM   #37250
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Amazon once packed my new Paperwhite in a box with an 18 pound bag of kitty litter - with no padding. The e-reader actually survived and is still working.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 02:40 AM   #37251
mlewis78
Guru
mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mlewis78 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2 (7"); HDX 8.9"; Ipad2
A few months ago Amazon packed a 2.4 bag of almonds with a Frank Sinatra CD (jewel box) and the box has a crack across it. Now I won't order a CD in the same order as almonds.
mlewis78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2024, 08:46 AM   #37252
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlewis78 View Post
A few months ago Amazon packed a 2.4 bag of almonds with a Frank Sinatra CD (jewel box) and the box has a crack across it. Now I won't order a CD in the same order as almonds.
That's an oddly specific takeaway.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 12:53 AM   #37253
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I cant get the childproof cap off my acetaminophen...
Old 05-14-2024, 02:24 AM   #37254
DNSB
Bibliophagist

Quote:
Perhaps you should borrow a child to open it for you. My neighbour's 8 year old child helps their grandmother open her "childproof" medications.
Old 05-14-2024, 05:16 AM   #37255
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Check your kitchen scissors, if they have nutcracker handles, they can deal with childproof caps.

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 09:34 AM   #37256
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
Check your kitchen scissors, if they have nutcracker handles, they can deal with childproof caps.

BR

That reminds me of the attached...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	tools.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	130.2 KB
ID:	208273  
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 08:09 PM   #37257
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApK View Post
That reminds me of the attached...
I recall taking my new kitchen scissors/nutcrackers out to the shed so that I could break into the polycarbonate packaging with something like these:

Click image for larger version

Name:	s-l1600.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	423.7 KB
ID:	208280

BR
BetterRed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 09:12 PM   #37258
ownedbycats
Custom User Title

I have very little grip strength and keep locking pliers in the kitchen just to get the caps off bottles.

Unfortunately the pill bottle was one of those 'push down and turn' type caps. I forgot to ask the pharmacist to swap it to another container.
Old 05-14-2024, 11:35 PM   #37259
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
I have very little grip strength and keep locking pliers in the kitchen just to get the caps off bottles.

Unfortunately the pill bottle was one of those 'push down and turn' type caps. I forgot to ask the pharmacist to swap it to another container.
My wife ensured that the pharmacy had that recorded on her file. Luckily they always followed that instruction.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 10:11 AM   #37260
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
My wife ensured that the pharmacy had that recorded on her file. Luckily they always followed that instruction.

Sent from my Pixel 7a using Tapatalk
I did that for my wife so she didn't have to deal with them. I did that once time when I went to pick up her meds for her.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
creepy crawlers!, dell computers, monteverdi, thread that never ends, tubery, unutterable silliness