Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 05-12-2024, 03:29 AM   #1
gberts
gberts began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Cant Read PDF

When I try to open a PDF in Caliber to read it, I get the following error message

Windows will try to open SMOKE MELDER.COA-22-ALECTO.original_PDF with calibri itself, resulting in a duplicate in your caliber library. You will need to install a program that can view this file format and instruct Windows to use that program to view the files from to open this type

what can I do to solve this problem
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Schermafbeelding 2024-05-12 090259.png
Views:	38
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	208213  
gberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 03:40 AM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Exactly what the error message tells you to do. You need to associate the original_PDF extension with a PDF viewer.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 03:44 AM   #3
Wiggo
Leftutti
Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Wiggo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Pro, Kobo Libra 2
If I understand you correctly, you are trying to open an ".original_PDF" file format. Wherever it comes from, it is not formally a PDF, hence the error message.

Copy it somewhere, rename it to ".PDF" and reimport it into Calibre.

Edit: or OBC's way
Wiggo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 03:55 AM   #4
gberts
gberts began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
It works now Thanks fore the help
gberts is offline   Reply With Quote