Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-11-2024, 03:40 PM   #16
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
As stated in post #11, that does not update the SeriesID. It only updates Series.
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 01:28 AM   #17
Skaak
Skaak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterT View Post
There is a setting in the device driver configuration to "update purchased books" on the metadata tab. Does setting that make any difference?
I checked, and this setting was admittedly not checked for me in the KoboTouchExtended preferences. I set it, ejected the device, and reconnected it (to ensure the metadata sync occurred; I have trouble getting it to fire off manually outside of connection events). Didn't make any difference (I was successfully able to update the series name prior to this setting being enabled, but despite being named the same--and treated as the same series in Calibre--on the device the books are still shown as in two different, now identically-named series). Thank you for the suggestion, though! Hopefully this setting will make other metadata edits more transparent when I associate purchased books with local Calibre records.
Skaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 01:47 AM   #18
Skaak
Skaak began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
I've resorted to manually editing the database with SQLiteStudio. I copy the series name into the SeriesID column.

Occasionally a sync will set the SeriesID back to the original one. Annoying, but thankfully it doesn't happen a lot.
After poking around with a bit of trepidation in the .kobo/KoboReader.sqlite file, I was able to successfully match the IDs and merge my books into a single series. Thanks!

I need to figure out who to pester to get this properly implemented in the normal synching behavior; it's vexing that a metadata sync will update the name but not the ID.
Skaak is offline   Reply With Quote