Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-10-2024, 09:11 AM   #1
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Question Stock Stats

Hello all. I have been enjoying my Libra Color and have installed the nickelmenu which has been a great help thank you @geek1011 for that.

I've been doing a lot of reading on this forum and I think things are starting to meld together and I'm not sure if I read that it is possible to get more stats on the stock reader with a patch. If this is true the patches aren't ready for the new devices yet, is that correct?

I know koreader has the stats but that isn't ready for new devices either, and I'm kind of settling into the stock reader. Anyway, thank you all for all you do and this has been a great community with a ton of information I'm grateful to you all.

-Kind Regards
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 01:39 PM   #2
sparajoy
sparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enoughsparajoy will become famous soon enough

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Kobo Clara Colour
Which kind of stats are you looking for? Just the general hours spent reading per book, or are you thinking of the chapter bar chart, where it shows how long each chapter is and provides estimates for reading time per chapter, etc?

Hours per book should be available on every file as far as I know. The chapter bar chart is only available on kepub formatted files, but luckily you don't have to do anything to patch the firmware for that, you just need to convert your epub files to kepub using Calibre or kepubify.
sparajoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 05:38 PM   #3
gyrene2083
gyrene2083 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra Colour
Thanks. I have already converted my files to kepub, and I'm presently reading a book I bought from the kobo store. I can't remember where I saw the pic but I saw koreader with a bunch of stats on that I do remember was the calendar which showed the dates one read books.
gyrene2083 is online now   Reply With Quote