Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 03-28-2024, 09:44 AM   #1
WhiiskeyTango
WhiiskeyTango began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Kobo Nia Screen replacement

Hi all!

I have a kobo Nia with a cracked screen. I've replaced ereader screens before, so that would not be a problem for this one.

My Nia currently has a screen with the code ed060xh7. When I search for this particular code, I only find replacements for the "Pocketbook Lux 3".

When searching for a Nia Screen replacement, I find suspiciously similar screens. Only difference it the price. The Nia screens are seemingly a tad bit more expensive.

Both the Nia and Lux 3 are 1024x758, both are 6", both are 212ppi. Seems like the screens are the exact same.

Has anyone else replaced a Nia screen, and found something similar? Think it would be just fine to order the (cheaper) Pocketbook Lux 3 screen?
WhiiskeyTango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2024, 12:03 AM   #2
sirwb13
sirwb13 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Did it with problems

I just changed the screen on my kobo nia and everything seems to work fine except there's a fading issue. The new screen vcom is different from the old screen, which is what seems to be causing the fading issue. I haven't been able to figure out yet how to change the vcom setting. If you can special request the same vcom new screen as your old, it'll probably work better. Or atleast until someone figures out how to adjust the setting on a nia. Both my glo hd and libra h2o don't have the vcom showing in the ifixit repair guide for the clara color and b&w
sirwb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-09-2024, 07:46 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by sirwb13 View Post
I just changed the screen on my kobo nia and everything seems to work fine except there's a fading issue. The new screen vcom is different from the old screen, which is what seems to be causing the fading issue. I haven't been able to figure out yet how to change the vcom setting. If you can special request the same vcom new screen as your old, it'll probably work better. Or atleast until someone figures out how to adjust the setting on a nia. Both my glo hd and libra h2o don't have the vcom showing in the ifixit repair guide for the clara color and b&w
You might have to wait for a new firmware to be able to change the vcom.
JSWolf is online now   Reply With Quote