Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 01-27-2024, 06:19 PM   #1
salty-horse
Wizard
salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.salty-horse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E
Converting comic book epub with HTML text to images

I have an epub of a comic book that combines full-page images with HTML text. The HTML text is only used for page numbers, and in pages with actual text content and mostly blank background images, such as the table of contents and the appendices. (It's not used in the actual speech balloons of the comic.) It is laid out in such a way to be positioned in specific places relative to the image.

The pages render correctly in a browser, and in Calibre's ebook editor.
In the viewer, it's a bit tricky - it works in full-screen mode, but not when the window is smaller, since it stretches the images to fit, but not the text.

I'm trying to convert the comic with the text to images, or an intermediary format like PDF.

I tried using ebook-convert with PDF output, but the text is too small - is there a setting I'm missing to ask for the "publisher default", or another setting that's messing the output?

My current solution is to identify the few pages where I care about the text, load them in a browser, and export the page as an image. It would be nice to be able to automate the process.
salty-horse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2024, 09:09 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
this will be a fixed layout epub, these are not supported in calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote