Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-18-2023, 06:27 AM   #1
stangri
Addict
stangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplanestangri makes transoceanic flights without the assistance of an airplane

Device: nook
Converting old (Android 4.4) e-ink reader to smart display

Not much I can do with Android 4.4 nowdays, so I was thinking of sideloading an app to my Likebook/Boyue T63S to convert it to smart display to show weather forecast (ideally calendar too, but, well, Android 4.4.).

Has anyone done something like that and what app would work for this purpose (again, Android 4.4)?

There was an article about someone setting up an image streaming server on heroku to stream images to old Kindle, I'd like to be able to avoid that unless as a final resort.

Has anyone done something similar?
stangri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2023, 03:27 AM   #2
oliver
oliver began at the beginning.

Device: s222
Quote:
Originally Posted by stangri View Post
Not much I can do with Android 4.4 nowdays, so I was thinking of sideloading an app to my Likebook/Boyue T63S to convert it to smart display to show weather forecast (ideally calendar too, but, well, Android 4.4.).

Has anyone done something like that and what app would work for this purpose (again, Android 4.4)?

There was an article about someone setting up an image streaming server on heroku to stream images to old Kindle, I'd like to be able to avoid that unless as a final resort.

Has anyone done something similar?
To convert your Likebook/Boyue T63S into a smart display for weather forecasts and possibly a calendar on Android 4.4, you have a few options:

Weather App: Sideloading a weather app like "Weather Underground" or "AccuWeather" should work well on Android 4.4. These apps are optimized for weather updates and should provide the information you need.

Calendar App: While Android 4.4 is limited, you can still use "Google Calendar" to manage your events and appointments. It may not have all the latest features, but it's functional.

Image Streaming Server: If sideloading apps doesn't fully meet your needs, consider setting up an image streaming server like the one you mentioned on Heroku. This could allow you to stream images and other data to your device, providing a custom solution tailored to your requirements.

To get more insights and specific recommendations, I'd suggest checking relevant forums or communities where users may have shared their experiences with similar projects or devices. This can help you find the best approach and any potential challenges others have encountered.
oliver is offline   Reply With Quote