Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 09-20-2023, 12:02 PM   #1
1Pi
1Pi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Access an instance of Ebook Viewer from server

I want to ask if the server could access Ebook Viewer or only the Library Manager.
Like when exporting the highlights to markdown, we get highlight links in this format:
calibre://view-book/hex-4176f6b73/12/EPUB?open_at=epubcfi%28/12/2/4/2/20/2%5Bf000005%5D/1%3A0%29.

This opens a new viewer even if the book is already opened.
But I would prefer it jump to the highlight location in the already-opened book instead of starting a new instance, which is generally not ideal.
Also jumping directly to highlight from links would make the workflow of editing notes and highlights externally much smoother for me.
1Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2023, 11:20 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Use the option in the viewer preferences under miscellaneous to have only a single viewer instance.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 12:37 AM   #3
1Pi
1Pi began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thank you for replying.
I am in the newest version of Calibre, 6.26.0. I think the setting is broken in this version.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1A_9...ew?usp=sharing

After changing the option, the highlight links still open a new viewer. Not only that but even clicking on a book again from the library manager also opens a new viewer.

I have restarted Calibre and even restarted my PC but haven't found the behavior that option is supposed to change.
1Pi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2023, 02:43 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
I just tested it and it works for me. With that preference enabled trying to view 5 different books in calibre resulted in a single viewer instance showing the last of the 5, as expected. You screenshot shows the checkbox unchecked, it needs to be checked.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote