Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-12-2022, 06:22 AM   #1
norweger
Addict
norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.norweger is faster than slow light.

Device: Android-phone, HTC Desire Z
Any upcoming eink phones?

I was stoked onyx was going to make an eink Android phone years back. Never heard any more of it. Do you know if there are any upcoming Android phones? I've tried the Hisense but it was just as lot of hassle, no Google and all.
norweger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2022, 01:34 PM   #2
kandwo
Addict
kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kandwo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by norweger View Post
I was stoked onyx was going to make an eink Android phone years back. Never heard any more of it. Do you know if there are any upcoming Android phones? I've tried the Hisense but it was just as lot of hassle, no Google and all.
No, unfortunately, Hisense is the only company on the market making Android e-ink phones right now. And since the A9 was just recently released it will probably be a while until they release a new one.

There's now a modest reward in ETH announced for a root. But that seems unlikely or at least far off.

These phones are just not very popular.
kandwo is offline   Reply With Quote