Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 08-21-2022, 11:11 AM   #16
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Is that the latest version of Lithium? I don't see a version number on Google Play.
Recently installed, end July or start of this month. Also Tablets and Phones usually up-to-date.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:18 AM   #17
bookman156
Addict
bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Under Lithium A<cog> option Text Align is "Original"
Ver 0.24.1
I don't have an option for 'Original' under Text Align. I have version 0.24.1, which I believe is the latest, on Android 7.

Well that's a mystery...
bookman156 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:29 AM   #18
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman156 View Post
I don't have an option for 'Original' under Text Align. I have version 0.24.1, which I believe is the latest, on Android 7.

Well that's a mystery...
Whichever button option (left or justify) is currently selected (coloured red on my Samsung) just tap it again so that it's no longer selected. The label 'Original' will then appear under the 'Text align' label on the left.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2022, 11:31 AM   #19
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookman156 View Post

Well that's a mystery...
Very odd seeing as it works fine on Android 5 and Android 10. It won't install on my Android 6 phone, maybe it hasn't enough RAM. I have Aldiko Basic on it which seems gone (or renamed) on playstore.

I wanted four things on an Android ereader App:
1) Respect CSS. Very many don't
2) Option to use fonts embedded in ebook. Some only use the Android system fonts.
3) Option to use files direct, not "import to a library", so that deletion/update via Calibre works. Many apps waste space by "importing" a copy of the ebook and then to update you have to delete it and reimport.
4) Ability to see SD card. Oddly not all Apps on all versions of Android behave well. Google changes how the SD card is accessed. Name of SD card in browse can vary. It's a pain. Android's fault.

Last edited by Quoth; 08-21-2022 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Tablet is 10, not 8
Old 08-21-2022, 11:34 AM   #20
bookman156
Addict
bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bookman156 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Whichever button option (left or justify) is currently selected (coloured red on my Samsung) just tap it again so that it's no longer selected. The label 'Original' will then appear under the 'Text align' label on the left.
Doh! Can't believe I was so stupid! Thanks, that does the trick. Not very intuitive (for me).
Old 08-21-2022, 11:41 AM   #21
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

I find the Lithium GUI awkward, but many Android ereader apps are far worse.
I use Xodo on the 10" android for PDFs. It also is a bit fiddly to setup.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:51 AM   #22
bookman156
Addict

I'm glad to have fixed that in Lithium, because it really is a good epub reader. PocketBook and Colibrio are also okay but I certainly think Lithium may be the best.
Old 08-21-2022, 11:59 AM   #23
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Also Android 10 stock built-in TTS works perfectly with Lithium. The volume buttons work to turn page.

Last edited by Quoth; 08-21-2022 at 02:28 PM.
Old 08-23-2022, 10:59 AM   #24
geek1011
Wizard
geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geek1011 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Aura Edition 2 v1, Clara HD
Speaking of Lithium, I have this if you want to add a dictionary, series metadata support, custom fonts, and a few other tweaks.
geek1011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 06:48 AM   #25
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Series support is always good.