Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-19-2023, 10:54 AM   #1
Dash
Dash began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
Want to change "Document" to "Book" on Kindle

Hello,

I used Calibre to convert a .mobi to .azw3 and port it over to my Kindle via USB. It opens and reads fine on the Kindle but it is classified as a "document" which means Vocabulary Builder doesn't work properly. There is no way to change the format to "Book" on the Kindle. How can I use Calibre to classify it correctly?

Thanks!
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2023, 01:16 PM   #2
gbm
Wizard
gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gbm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD,Hisence Sero 7 Pro RIP, Nook STR, jetbook lite
See this thread.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=322336
Please post if it workd or not

bernie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dash View Post
Hello,

I used Calibre to convert a .mobi to .azw3 and port it over to my Kindle via USB. It opens and reads fine on the Kindle but it is classified as a "document" which means Vocabulary Builder doesn't work properly. There is no way to change the format to "Book" on the Kindle. How can I use Calibre to classify it correctly?

Thanks!
gbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-23-2023, 01:21 AM   #3
Dash
Dash began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 11th Gen
Thanks for the link. The quality check plugin didn't work for me, but Mobi Meta Editor did. So that's solved, at least. I wish there was a way to do it within the base Calibre program, though.
Dash is offline   Reply With Quote