Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old Yesterday, 10:51 PM   #1
slm
Fool
slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.slm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Kindle PW1, Kobo Glo HD, Nook Glowlight Plus ...
Can't Customize DeDRM plugin

I just tried to add information for a new kindle to the DeDRM plugin. This has always worked fine.

Today I got the message that the widget init() "takes 2 positional arguments but three were given".

I recently updated to 7.12.0 but I don't think I've done this in quite a while, so I'm not sure what the last version that worked was.

The details text was:
calibre, version 7.12.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:ConfigWidget.__init__() takes 2 positional arguments but 3 were given

calibre 7.12 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 12, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 12, 0) && Ebook Translator (2, 3, 4) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 1) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 12, 0) && From KFX (2, 12, 0) && KFX Input (2, 12, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 3) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 298, in customize_plugin
File "calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 375, in modify_plugin
File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 160, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 1054, in config_widget
TypeError: ConfigWidget.__init__() takes 2 positional arguments but 3 were given
Anyone have any idea why this happened or how to fix it?

Thanks.
slm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM   #2
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
https://github.com/noDRM/DeDRM_tools/issues
ownedbycats is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 06:31 AM   #3
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Reading some of the issues makes me laugh. It's the ones where DeDRM fails on Linux because the person is trying to do something that should be done with Windows.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:32 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by slm View Post
I just tried to add information for a new kindle to the DeDRM plugin. This has always worked fine.

Today I got the message that the widget init() "takes 2 positional arguments but three were given".

I recently updated to 7.12.0 but I don't think I've done this in quite a while, so I'm not sure what the last version that worked was.

The details text was:
calibre, version 7.12.0
ERROR: Unhandled exception: <b>TypeError</b>:ConfigWidget.__init__() takes 2 positional arguments but 3 were given

calibre 7.12 embedded-python: True
Windows-10-10.0.19045-SP0 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19045')
Python 3.11.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19045', 'SP0', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: None
EXE path: C:\Program Files\Calibre2\calibre.exe
Successfully initialized third party plugins: DeACSM (0, 0, 16) && Gather KFX-ZIP (from KFX Input) (2, 12, 0) && DeDRM (10, 0, 9) && Package KFX (from KFX Input) (2, 12, 0) && Ebook Translator (2, 3, 4) && Favourites Menu (1, 3, 1) && KFX metadata reader (from KFX Input) (2, 12, 0) && From KFX (2, 12, 0) && KFX Input (2, 12, 0) && KindleUnpack - The Plugin (0, 83, 1) && Modify ePub (1, 8, 3) && OverDrive Libby (0, 1, 9)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 298, in customize_plugin
File "calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 375, in modify_plugin
File "calibre\customize\__init__.py", line 160, in do_user_config
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 1054, in config_widget
TypeError: ConfigWidget.__init__() takes 2 positional arguments but 3 were given
Anyone have any idea why this happened or how to fix it?

Thanks.
Try rebooting in safe mode and see if you can configure DeDRM. If you can, you'll need to figure out what you run that's getting int he way.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote