Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 06-04-2024, 08:57 AM   #1
lumping-sugar66
Enthusiast
lumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Question Updating Table of Contents on Kobo Without Losing Reading Progress

ello everyone,

I'm facing a bit of a challenge with my Kobo Clara 2E and hoping someone here can assist.

I've been editing an EPUB file using Calibre, specifically to update the table of contents. Then I push the edited EPUB to my Kobo, (it turns into a KEPUB) and the table of contents doesn't reflect the changes I've made. I tried performing a Full Rescan, but it didn't help.

The only solution I've found so far is to delete the book from my device and then import it fresh. While this method updates the table of contents correctly, it also results in the loss of my reading progress, which I'd like to avoid.

Is there a workaround to make Kobo scan the book anew and import the new table of contents without having to delete the book and lose my reading progress? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help.
lumping-sugar66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 09:01 AM   #2
Terisa de morgan
Grand Sorcerer
Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Terisa de morgan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara/Aura One/Forma,XiaoMI 5, iPad, Huawei MediaPad, YotaPhone 2
I use KoboUtilities for doing this. It collects the progress for books in device when I connect it, and, if I need to restore the progress, there is an option in KoboUtilites for that.
Terisa de morgan is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2024, 10:11 PM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumping-sugar66 View Post
Is there a workaround to make Kobo scan the book anew and import the new table of contents without having to delete the book and lose my reading progress? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance for your help.
If you are using the KoboUtilities plugin, there is an option to Update Toc For Selected Books which should do what you want.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:34 PM   #4
lumping-sugar66
Enthusiast
lumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than momlumping-sugar66 loves his/her reader more than mom

Device: Kobo Aura Edition 2, Kobo Clara 2E
Thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
If you are using the KoboUtilities plugin, there is an option to Update Toc For Selected Books which should do what you want.
That is indeed the perfect answer I was looking for. This saves me so much headache! Thanks again.
lumping-sugar66 is online now   Reply With Quote