Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-17-2023, 11:14 AM   #1
Larsterno
Larsterno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
Preventing Tag Nav Auto-Collapse Past 100 Tags

Hi,

By default Calibre's tag display shows every tag in alphabetical order, up until a limit of 100 unique tags, beyond which it collapses them into letter groupings, which must be clicked on and expanded to see/use (in my case A-B, C-F, H, J-R, S-W, Y). I've had a search and I can't seem to see any way to prevent this behaviour, so I'm wondering if I can do it myself? I'm reasonably proficient in Python, JS and CSS, and I'm guessing one of those is responsible for that behaviour?

So two questions:
1. Has someone already done this?
2. (If no) Could anyone point me in the right direction of where to amend this, either by modifying source code directly or writing a plugin? (I assume there are docs for writing a plugin, so perhaps it's more about which area governs this?)

Thanks!
Larsterno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2023, 11:50 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Preferences->Look & feel->Tag browser->Partitioning & collapsing
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-18-2023, 03:22 PM   #3
Larsterno
Larsterno began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura H20
I discovered this about 2 mins after I posted, but it wasn't approved for me to edit the thread. Amazing, exactly what I was after. Great job with it!
Larsterno is offline   Reply With Quote