Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-25-2024, 08:06 AM   #1
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2018
Question Installing apps on PocketBook? (Specifically BookBeat)

Hi all, I'm trying to help my mother in law, who is on the other side of the country, so I don't have the device on-hand. Please bear that in mind if you have advice/ideas!

Long story short, I need to know if I can make the BookBeat app work on a PocketBook Touch HD3. I've spent a few hours googling and I've gotten a lot of contradictory info, so I figured I should come to the experts.

Would installing something like koreader allow me to install the BookBeat app?

Please use small words, I am completely unfamiliar with the PocketBook and am not a very tech-wise person. (I just seem like one in comparison to the rest of the family...not a high bar!)
Siavahda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 01:14 PM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
No, the Toch HD3 is running on a Linux system while BookBeat needs Android or IOS. But why not install it on your mothers phone? That would at least give her a way to listen to audiobooks. I don't see a way to read the ebooks from it on a non Android Ebook reader.

PS:
https://support.bookbeat.com/hc/en-g...0App%20Gallery.

Last edited by nhedgehog; 05-25-2024 at 01:24 PM.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-25-2024, 04:05 PM   #3
Siavahda
Connoisseur
Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.Siavahda can eat soup with a fork.

Thank you very much! I guess we'll look into getting her a more app-compatible ereader
Old 05-25-2024, 04:24 PM   #4
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
That might be an option but from my experience with different Android E-Ink Readers it is a trial and error way. Those apps are mostly not programmed for E-Ink devices and seldom work as they should. So try to buy them with the option to send them back if this obscure Bookbeat app is not working as it should. Keep in mind it is programmed for tablets and phones.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 04:35 PM   #5
Siavahda
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhedgehog View Post
That might be an option but from my experience with different Android E-Ink Readers it is a trial and error way. Those apps are mostly not programmed for E-Ink devices and seldom work as they should. So try to buy them with the option to send them back if this obscure Bookbeat app is not working as it should. Keep in mind it is programmed for tablets and phones.
Thank you, that sounds like good advice!
Advert
Old 05-25-2024, 06:16 PM   #6
Mondfisch
Mondfisch began at the beginning.

Device: none
Hi, Siavahda
Maybe try Libby (libbyapp.com)
To install the Libby app on your PocketBook e-reader, you'll need to add a third-party library to your device. You can do this by going to the "Settings" menu on your PocketBook, selecting "Manage My Devices" and then clicking on "Add a new library". Then, select "Install from internet" and enter the URL for the Libby app: https://libby.pocketbook.net. Follow the prompts to install the app, and you'll be able to access your library and borrow e-books from your local library.
Mondfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 06:29 PM   #7
Mondfisch

Audiobooks are also available, as well as libraries from Finland, such as Helsinki
Old 05-26-2024, 09:54 AM   #8
Siavahda
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mondfisch View Post
Hi, Siavahda
To install the Libby app on your PocketBook e-reader, you'll need to add a third-party library to your device. You can do this by going to the "Settings" menu on your PocketBook, selecting "Manage My Devices" and then clicking on "Add a new library". Then, select "Install from internet" and enter the URL for the Libby app: https://libby.pocketbook.net. Follow the prompts to install the app, and you'll be able to access your library and borrow e-books from your local library.
Thank you! I'll give this a go when I get my hands on the PocketBook in a few weeks.

Do you think this method might work with the BookBeat app?
Old 05-26-2024, 09:56 AM   #9
Siavahda
Connoisseur

Quote:
Audiobooks are also available, as well as libraries from Finland, such as Helsinki
Well, the Finnish libraries part is a bit complicated, because they're trying to move all the Finnish libraries' digital content to a new app. The idea of a communal collection is amazing, but the Finnish publishers are kicking up a fuss.

Point being, it looks like there are at least a couple of Finnish libraries on Libby, but definitely not all of them. Still worth giving a go, though, since the biggest of the Finnish libraries does seem to be on there!
Old 05-28-2024, 04:30 AM   #10
Ruff_d
Ruff_d began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook IC3
Quote:
Hi, Siavahda
I can't find the option "manage my devices" nor "add a new library". Do I need to activate something first?
Ruff_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2024, 01:09 AM   #11
Mondfisch

I apologize for the mistake. I didn't know that something changed on Libby. You'll need to do it differently now. https://help.libbyapp.com/en-us/6059.htm

Tags
apps, bookbeat, pocketbook