Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-25-2024, 10:04 AM   #1
etn
etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Pocketbook
Activity LED stays on and battery drains

Hi All,

Running into a weird issue with my Pocketbook. The activity LED, which normally stays on for only a few seconds after an operation (such as moving to the next page), remains on permanently - also when the Pocketbook is in standby mode. The battery drains from 100% to empty within a few hours, even with front light off. I assume that the activity LED shows that the processor is busy doing "something" (possibly being stuck in an endless loop), and that the battery drain is caused by the corresponding power consumption.

This looks like a software bug, not a hardware issue. I had experienced this with my Inkpad 3, then with my Inkpad 4, and now with my 4-week old Inkpad Color 3.

The only solution I've found is to do a factory reset and reinstall everything (re-program all settings, re-install my books etc.) Then the Pocketbook would run correctly for some time until the issue resurfaces, which can be many months, or, like recently with the Color 3, just a few days. Call me lazy, I just don't feel like re-installing my Pocketbook new every few days!

Have you experienced something like that? Any idea what can cause the issue and how to solve it?

Btw, I contacted Pocketbook support and they do not have any solution. Latest firmware is installed.

Thanks,
etn
etn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2024, 01:30 PM   #2
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
There might be a (poorly formated) book which is blocking the library app trying to shelf it. Only way to find it, is filling the library with small amounts of books and checking if it is shelfing them without hassle or not.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2024, 01:09 AM   #3
etn
etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.etn shines like a glazed doughnut.

Device: Pocketbook
Thanks, I was suspecting something like that - particularly as I have the impression (not scientifically proven, though) that specific books trigger the issue when I open them. Thanks for your help
etn is offline   Reply With Quote