Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Tolino

Notices

Old 01-18-2023, 11:02 AM   #1
mobiloreado
mobiloreado began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino 2HD
Tolino - Lateral margins (Shine 2HD)

Hi all,

I just got a Tolino Shine 2HD and I've been very surprised on how tiny the margins were even set at the maximum.

Am I doing something wrong?

Here's a picture to illustrate. If I take my Kindle lateral margins are bigger and that's more comfortable for my use.

Thanks for sharing your experiences
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230118_165727(1).jpg
Views:	141
Size:	409.4 KB
ID:	199112  
mobiloreado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2023, 02:23 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Why do you want larger margins? This is an ebook on a eInk screen not a physical book/
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-19-2023, 05:04 AM   #3
mobiloreado
mobiloreado began at the beginning.

Device: Tolino 2HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Why do you want larger margins? This is an ebook on a eInk screen not a physical book/
Thanks for your input, I have pretty big fingers and they tend to get in that way when I'm holding the reader. By adding some margins I can read more comfortably.
mobiloreado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2023, 03:20 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
I just found it interesting since most of the complaints I've seen have been about the margins being too wide on most ereaders.

If the ebooks are non-DRMmed, you could try editing the CSS, perhaps by adding this to the top of the CSS stylesheet:
Code:
  html {
    margin-left: 50px;
    margin-right: 50px;
  }
Modify the 50px if the margins are too wide or too narrow.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote