Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Editor

Notices

Old 08-22-2021, 09:53 AM   #1
erasmix
erasmix began at the beginning.

Device: IMac
Question Metadata handling

I had an editor create the ePub file for my book. She used Jutoh which I didn’t like after hours trying. I’d like to make small modifications (words here and there) on my own to save me additional fees. I’m quite accustomed with the Unix/Linux vi editor and I’d be just happy making the modifications with it, if such thing was possible.

Because I had quite a few metadata issues having the same ePub file pass both Amazon and Apple verifications I’m a bit weary. Can I be assured that changing words in the ebook content (not styles, images, nor any other elements) using Calibre will not break anything else?
erasmix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2021, 10:12 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
vim is perfectly capable of editing epub. And there are no guarantees. The editor allows you to do whatever you want, including breaking the epub. As does vim, or pretty much any tool you use to edit files.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert