Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 09-07-2014, 10:18 PM   #1
Lusitanic
Leader
Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura, One Plus 5
Share your Reading! [pics]

The other day, sitting at the riverbank of the kamo river (Kyoto)

This morning while taking a walk

#Readeverywhere

Last edited by Lusitanic; 09-08-2014 at 06:50 PM.
Lusitanic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 12:10 AM   #2
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Not quite as scenic (and also run through various instagram filters)
But this was in my mother-in-law's backyard.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	10464408_932450660105366_4297560128332273216_n.jpg
Views:	404
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	128053  
peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2014, 05:45 PM   #3
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Today in the backyard with my Paperwhite.

Name:	reading.jpg
Views:	579
Size:	607.4 KB
ID:	128083
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2014, 07:01 PM   #4
Lusitanic
Leader
Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lusitanic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Lares View Post
Today in the backyard with my Paperwhite.

Attachment 128083
wow love your backyard, the contrast of colors, it somehow feels nostalgic

Here's two more.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	BsZC6FZCQAAR-Y4.jpg large.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	123.3 KB
ID:	128085   Click image for larger version

Name:	10471209_932300710118761_2142433724759985414_o.jpg
Views:	369
Size:	425.7 KB
ID:	128086  

Last edited by Lusitanic; 09-09-2014 at 10:35 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:14 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitanic View Post
wow love your backyeard, the contrast of colors, it somehow feels nostalgic

Here's two more.
Thanks. Shot that with my iPhone 5S and then used a Fuji film preset from DxO FilmPack along with a few adjustments in Pixelmator. Saying that, it's actually not that far from the original if you compare the two. I also attempted to bring the contrast in the Kindle up a bit, which now that I look at it from the iPad is totally off.

I love my backyard too! We lost our apple tree a few months ago though - A storm blew it down (It was huge! A lot of trees were all over the place that afternoon.). Loved the flowers we'd get every year from it. We have a cactus that blooms yellow ones every year too, but that's not as fun to shoot since the needles end up attacking you.

Yours and peachiekene's are pretty cool too. It's beautiful how these devices feel so natural in different settings and places. You can't say that about a lot of other things.
Advert
Old 09-10-2014, 05:42 AM   #6
Lusitanic
Leader

Quote:
Yours and peachiekene's are pretty cool too. It's beautiful how these devices feel so natural in different settings and places. You can't say that about a lot of other things.
I just love taking a walk while reading, I'm always with my smartphone too. The pictures are a culmination of 3 of my favorite things. Reading, taking walks and taking pictures
Though I can't read fiction while walking. Self development books on the other hand...
Old 09-10-2014, 07:30 AM   #7
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lusitanic View Post
Though I can't read fiction while walking. Self development books on the other hand...
Try audiobooks. That's what I "read" while walking.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:11 AM   #8
Lusitanic
Leader

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Try audiobooks. That's what I "read" while walking.
Yeah, got to try one of those someday. Usually when I take walks I wither read, or listen to music/podcasts. But never "read" a book that way while walking. Thanks for the suggestion!
Old 09-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard

I can't even chew gum and walk at the same time, so no audiobooks while walking for me, hehe. Love taking pictures though. Got my first digital camera in 2002 and haven't stopped since.
Old 09-10-2014, 09:57 AM   #10
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
I can't even chew gum and walk at the same time, so no audiobooks while walking for me, hehe. Love taking pictures though. Got my first digital camera in 2002 and haven't stopped since.
Got my first camera 3 years ago when I sorta borrowed one from a photographer and took a series of selfies that created a bit of a firestorm

tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:23 PM   #11
Jessica Lares
Wizard

Quote:
Got my first camera 3 years ago when I sorta borrowed one from a photographer and took a series of selfies that created a bit of a firestorm

http://www.geek.com/wp-content/uploa...ia-590x330.jpg
I hope your royalty checks have been arriving on a timely matter.
Old 09-10-2014, 07:23 PM   #12
peachiekene
Fanatic
peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.peachiekene ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo aura one, htc 10, kobo glo hd
Quote:

peachiekene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 11:59 PM   #13
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
A somewhat lo-res cell phone photo of my JetBook Lite, taken in the somewhat lo-light waiting room of my local garage, waiting for the minivan to get its oil changed.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Oil-Reader-SMALL.jpg
Views:	351
Size:	57.7 KB
ID:	128152  
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 03:55 AM   #14
Froide
Wizard
Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Froide ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy and Windows devices. RIP: Palm & Nook devices.
When the weather's mild, and I'm downtown in NYC's Financial District, I sometimes take reading breaks at City Hall Park. I prefer setting on a bench, but in a pinch I've sat at the fountain. [SOURCE: nycgovparks]

[Image violates guidelines for size - MODERATOR]

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 09-12-2014 at 08:35 AM.
Froide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 11:28 AM   #15
DuckieTigger
Wizard
DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuckieTigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, Oasis 2, PW3, PW1, KT
Dr. Drib, or some other mod: Can you please fix this thread? It shows for me that there is a new post after post #14, but that post got deleted (I assume) and now it won't update the status to "no new posts" in my subscriptions. The offending link goes to
Code:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?p=2921212#post2921212
Edit: Now that I posted this the thread shows a page 2, but won't go to page 2. On the bright side, it does reset the "unread count" as my post is last.

Last edited by DuckieTigger; 09-12-2014 at 11:34 AM.
DuckieTigger is offline   Reply With Quote