Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 03-25-2008, 08:14 PM   #1
zeek2517
zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: PRS-505
eBook Site List

Here is a list I have compiled from links I have found here and on the net. By no means is it complete. If you have anything to add or suggestions to change I will do my best to keep it updated.
Attached Files
File Type: doc eBookSites.doc (169.5 KB, 598 views)

Last edited by zeek2517; 03-25-2008 at 10:04 PM.
zeek2517 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
wouldn't it be easier to put the text of the .doc directly in a post ? you can do active links as well. unless the .doc is something like 50 pages long of course...

but good initiative, it's always nice to find new sources for books.

[EDIT : never mind, i've opened the file now and i see why you did it that way. spoke too soon ]
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-25-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo H2O
Quote:
Originally Posted by zelda_pinwheel View Post
i've opened the file now and i see why you did it that way.
Can you explain? To me that looks like a spreadsheet at best, more likely a table (you know, HTML. This is, after all, a website). MS-Word scripts are not really ideal for tables...

I've attached a minimally cleaned up HTML file, but I had to zip it for the site to attach it. It could be done as plain text but you'd lose the clickable links.
Attached Files
File Type: zip eBookSites-1.zip (4.3 KB, 363 views)

Last edited by moz; 03-25-2008 at 09:35 PM. Reason: added html
moz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 09:21 PM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moz View Post
Can you explain? To me that looks like a spreadsheet at best, more likely a table (you know, HTML. This is, after all, a website). MS-Word scripts are not really ideal for tables...
true, true (so completely true...), but i was expecting a straight list, which it would have been simpler to place directly in the forum. i agree a spreadsheet would be better. i don't know whether you can make a table inside a forum post, can you ?
Old 03-25-2008, 09:28 PM   #5
zeek2517
zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.zeek2517 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

I did make it as a spreadsheet. When I clicked the attachment button though .xls wasn't listed so, I assumed xls wasn't an authorized attachment. So the next thing i did was just copy and past it into word. I have never been able to make tables in forum posts.

Last edited by zeek2517; 03-25-2008 at 09:31 PM.
Advert
Old 03-25-2008, 09:35 PM   #6
zelda_pinwheel

well thanks for getting all the info together, anyway.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:37 PM   #7
moz
Addict
moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.moz once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Tables you probably want to do in the wiki. That also suits the "problem" that random people will want to add sites to the list. Would you consider putting it in the wiki?

https://wiki.mobileread.com/

And sorry, I forgot to say "thanks for collecting the links" first. Oops. Thanks
Old 03-25-2008, 10:13 PM   #8
zeek2517

Well, as you can tell I'm relatively new to this site. I didn't know about the wiki. It looks like there is already a "store" link on the wiki. Looks I got some more editing to do. The wiki list has some that I don't and vice versa.

The other question would be which format would you prefer. The one the wiki currently has https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores , mine, or a combination of the two?
Old 03-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #9
moz
Addict

I prefer your layout, but I'm not sure the wiki supports it. I haven't really looked at tables in a wiki before, sorry. I definitely prefer to have this stuff in the wiki though. It only takes one person to upload an MS-Word script with a virus and we'll all get grumpy.

Hmm, looks easy enough: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Table
Old 03-25-2008, 10:23 PM   #10
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeek2517 View Post
Well, as you can tell I'm relatively new to this site. I didn't know about the wiki. It looks like there is already a "store" link on the wiki. Looks I got some more editing to do. The wiki list has some that I don't and vice versa.

The other question would be which format would you prefer. The one the wiki currently has https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores , mine, or a combination of the two?
The wiki has everything in alphabetical order and it has some text description. I wouldn't want to lose either of those features. Some of your table stuff is really useful as well but the table would likely be too big and too wide if it were installed as is. A separate page cross referencing formats to stores might be quite useful. Some of the stores have local wiki pages as well.

I also have a lot of stores listed on my home page, also in alphabetical order that I had planned to merge into the wiki when I get a chance. So far other wiki stuff has taken a priority but it is on my list. Go ahead and take a stab at it if you wish. It is nice when everybody contributes. Be sure and register on the wiki page.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2008, 10:51 PM   #11
zeek2517

Ok, I'll see what I can come up with. It's just about sleep time for me now so, I'll start looking at it tomorrow. This is where I'll put the table for now so, you can keep an eye on my progress. https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/E-book_stores_table

Last edited by zeek2517; 03-25-2008 at 11:27 PM.
Old 03-26-2008, 09:22 PM   #12
zeek2517

Ok I got my list put into the Wiki Table I am still doing some tweaks on it to make it look better. I figured I'd get some comments on it for improvement suggestions, before I get to bent out of shape over minor tweaks.
I still also have to add the other stores I'm missing from the other wiki page and DaleDe's homepage.
Old 03-26-2008, 11:10 PM   #13
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
Looking great
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2008, 12:29 AM   #14
moz
Addict

That's awesome! You rock!
Old 03-27-2008, 10:12 AM   #15
zelda_pinwheel

yea, that deserves karma...