Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 02-03-2024, 06:10 PM   #1
ate
ate began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Post Verse Pro - Page Numbers Margins

Hi!

I now own a Pocketbook Verse Pro and I'm trying to adjust the reader (e.g. installed koreader, dictionaries and some fonts - for this helpful forum ).

Furthermore I changed the line spacing for the medium setting (/system/reader/linespacing.cfg). In my view the epub's text fits better in the 6“ with a little smaller line spacing. Well... a matter of taste.

Now I'm searching for the margins for the page numbers (there is a big gab - approximately 0,5 cm - to the text above). The bottom margins in the config file (/system/reader/margins.cfg) are all 0%, but the gab is still there ...

Are there other *.cfg or known settings / tweaks for this problem?
ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2024, 09:01 PM   #2
jrw174
Connoisseur
jrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the roughjrw174 is a jewel in the rough

Device: PocketBook Era
Can you try putting a negative number? When I had a kindle PW5 I had to embed the epub style sheet with margin -20px
jrw174 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-04-2024, 05:46 AM   #3
ate
ate began at the beginning.

Device: CyBook Gen3
Thumbs up

In the margins.cfg:

Quote:
none-bottom-pager=0%
to
Quote:
none-bottom-pager=-20px
does the job (of course with the smallest settings to the margins in the device).

You first have to come up with the idea of ​​negative pixels instead of percentages ... thank you.

It's maybe a dirty workaround, but it works.
ate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2024, 01:28 PM   #4
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3
The reason for the big margin with the page number is because you can also display the number of the pages left in the current chapter. In this case, this relative number is displayed below the current page number in the book, so there's no margin spared.

But if you don't use this relative number, negative margin will work.

EDIT: After reading your message again, I realized you mean the margin above the numbers, not below. In this case, the margin can be smaller depending on the page layout and the font size — i.e. if a whole line of text will fit above the numbers.

Last edited by dmalinovsky; 02-05-2024 at 03:58 PM.
dmalinovsky is offline   Reply With Quote