Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 09-30-2010, 12:45 PM   #1
borisb
Edge User

Post Review of "best" Android photography apps

Found the following today via Gizmodo: http://lifehacker.com/5651299/the-be...r-your-android.

Most are on AppBrain and/or the Android Market, both of which I believe need an Android phone, so getting these apps will take some effort

I'd be interested to here your reviews on any or all of these, and if they work on the eDGe.

Old 09-30-2010, 01:37 PM   #2
sarah11918
Edge User

PicSay is pretty awesome, and is available outside the market. I use it all the time to upload pictures to Twitter.

The main options are:
Word Balloon (many to choose from - thought, whisper, etc. As well as colouring/shape)
Title
Stickers (many to choose from)
Effects (many to choose from)
Export (to Twitter, Wordpress, Photobucket, Email etc. Depending on which apps you have installed)
Transform

Here's a picture I quickly made for this thread, with a word balloon, title, heart stickers and I somewhat pixelated the screen of my edge.

http://www.yfrog.com/5ln3zvj

Advert
Old 09-30-2010, 05:27 PM   #3
cheyennedonna
Edge User

I like PicSay and PhotoShop, the both work great on the edge. So far any Camera app that tries to actually utilize the Camera, camera enhancement apps or note apps that take photo notes, crash the camera utility. I've tried several and sent my issue to tech, they were able to replicate it but no word on a fix yet.
3D Gallery is not supported on 1.6

Last edited by cheyennedonna; 09-30-2010 at 05:33 PM.

Old 10-01-2010, 01:53 PM   #4
sarah11918
Edge User

I've seen the same thing - an app that wants to use the camera just crashes. But what I discovered I could do last night, was I can take a picture with the camera, then view it (click on it), and there's a "share" option. When I click that, one of the options is to share with Picsay (since I have it installed). I was able to tweet a picture taken on the edge that way with no problem.

I have it on my list to check my twitter app to see whether I can change the default picture site it uses, though. What I don't like about yfrog is that although all your pics are ordered together and you can browse back and forth everything I've posted, there's no yfrog/sarah11918, so it's not easy to just send someone to a page and say "Here are my pics that I've tweeted." I think with TwitPic you actually get your own page.

On a semi-related note (since twitter is one of the few ways I can get pictures uploaded from the edge right now b/c of my ongoing Picasa woes), if you tweet a picture and include a #hashtag, a website called HashAlbum automatically creates an album for you. I keep meaning to hashtag all my "Today's office setup" tweeted pics, where I upload the various configurations in which I'm using the edge. It does require you to tweet the pictures, though, so it's not a batch upload option.

Old 03-02-2011, 04:54 PM   #5
STL Droid
Edge User

Last night I loaded on the following apps to test:
Camera PRO
Camera Zoom FX

Both actually worked with the camera, and once I removed the thin film that covered the lens from packaging, the camera resulted in a much better picture.

Both programs provided a much larger image and very good digital zooming. The one downside is for some reason I wasn't able to discover, the image was off by 90 degrees and no matter how I rotated the device or change the orientation, stayed off. Go figure.

Camera Pro looked very nice in that it had an active histogram to adjust the lighting, and a gret deal of options. The issue: NO SHUTTER BUTTON. And I could find no way to activate one. It seems to be designed for phones with a dedicated camera shutter button.

Camera Zoom FX worked, but had the same skewed image, but the menu allowed me to add a shutter button to the screen. So I was able to zoom, correct color balance and take a picture by clicking on the screen shutter. In zoom mode this meant the camera "bobbled" as my hands shook a bit whilst tapping the screen button, but it took and saved a photo and did not crash the camera system. Maybe the 1.13 version of Dingo I am running has corrected the issue people previously found with the camera.

So if your neck is flexible or you can visualize a picture skewed 90 degrees from reality, this app will run.

Advert