Notices

Old 06-03-2024, 05:39 AM   #1
michaelbr
Connoisseur
michaelbr began at the beginning.

Device: Android 12
ColorDict Spanish dictionary help

Greetings:
I was using Golden Dictionary with my Android tablets (Moon reader & GoldenDict), GoldenDict stopped working with newer Android version (mine was 12 or maybe something I did wrong?), so I switched to ColorDict, installed the app and found only 1 ES-EN dictionary. Is there any other place where there are more dictionaries? Can I convert GoldenDict to ColorDict (if so, is there a tutorial?).
ps: is Kobo dictionary compatible with ColorDict? If so where can I find it? the links in this post does not work any longer.
michaelbr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 06:09 AM   #2
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try here:
https://download.wikdict.com/dictionaries/stardict/
Hope this helps.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 04:06 AM   #3
michaelbr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinoptic View Post
Thanks for this tip, sorry to bother you again, I'm new to ColorDict, copied the files into dictdata folder, but ColorDict still can't see it, I think I'm missing a step, read on the net that an app called DictData is required, where can I find this app or what else do I need to do before ColorDict can see the dictionary file?
Old Yesterday, 04:32 AM   #4
Martinoptic
Bibliolater
Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martinoptic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Ok.

You need to extract all the files from the zip file and put them in the dictdata folder.
The bit that may be tripping you up is that within the zipfile there is also a .dz file which contains the .dict file that also needs to be extracted. 7zip can do this. Not many other extractors in my experience can.

Your dictdata folder should contain the .idx, .ifo and .dict files from the stardict zip file.

Hope this sorts it for you.

Edit: You might find this thread of interest.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=348719

Last edited by Martinoptic; Yesterday at 05:00 AM.
Martinoptic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:08 PM   #5
michaelbr
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Martinoptic View Post
Ok.

You need to extract all the files from the zip file and put them in the dictdata folder.
The bit that may be tripping you up is that within the zipfile there is also a .dz file which contains the .dict file that also needs to be extracted. 7zip can do this. Not many other extractors in my experience can.

Your dictdata folder should contain the .idx, .ifo and .dict files from the stardict zip file.

Hope this sorts it for you.

Edit: You might find this thread of interest.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=348719
Thanks so much for this tip, you're right I didn't extract .dz file, and thanks for your suggested post, I'll try to convert my GoldenDict files to ColorDict.
Advert

Tags
android, colordict, ereader apps