Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 12-28-2020, 01:30 PM   #1
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Device: DX
How to transfer files from e-reader to computer without cable?

I have a Max 3 and I find the "Transfer books" app quite handy, but it only works FROM computer TO e-reader.

I know I can use app to sync with Gdrive or dropbox but I'd rather transfer directly e-reader to PC.

What's the easiest/quickest way to do this without using a cable?

I have tried with bluetooth but I am not able to send files from the Max. I really don't understand why the Transfer books app does not allow two-way transfer, is the e-reader some sort of black hole?

Any suggestion is appreciated
xxtraloud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 02:10 PM   #2
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
WiFi File Transfer Pro
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-28-2020, 04:50 PM   #3
xxtraloud
Connoisseur
xxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheesexxtraloud can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
Thanks, but is there anything free or open-source?
Old 12-28-2020, 05:58 PM   #4
Jayjee
Connoisseur
Jayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beautyJayjee does all things with Zen-like beauty

Device: Onyx Boox Max 2
Total Commander.
There is an app for android -install it and the LAN plugin for the app, then set up your computer via network (it works for windows at least windows, uses SMB) and access the shared folders there. If you set the share on windows up as being able to read and write, you can copy from the boox to the computer and vice versa. (you need to include login and password in your setup of the lan plugin, but can protect it with a master password - or you just use your public windows share folders).
It works fine for me for quick transfers. The speed is slower than via cable, though (at least with the Boox Max 2 - the newer models might have faster WLAN)
Jayjee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2020, 06:04 PM   #5
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtraloud View Post
... is there anything free or open-source?
If you go to the Goggle Play Store, you will also see that they have a free version of their app. Apparently, with the free app you are limited to file sizes of no more than 5 MB.

With the free version, you can check to see how well the app works. If you then need to transfer files greater than 5 MB in size, $1.38 does not seem like an unreasonable price for supporting a developer for their work.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-29-2020, 02:55 AM   #6
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 4/14, Like-/Meebook 1/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Question Mark View Post
With the free version, you can check to see how well the app works. If you then need to transfer files greater than 5 MB in size, $1.38 does not seem like an unreasonable price for supporting a developer for their work.
I had no problem with up to 40 GB files (Kiwix Wikipedia)
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2020, 05:12 AM   #7
xxtraloud
Connoisseur

So from what I understand the best solution is transfer over LAN, thanks folks!

I still don't understand why the stock transfer app works only in one direction.
Old 12-29-2020, 01:58 PM   #8
JurriaanK
JurriaanK began at the beginning.

Device: boox note pro, auro h2o
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxtraloud View Post
Thanks, but is there anything free or open-source?
install termux, open a unix-window and install/use rsync. It doesn't get much more free than that....
JurriaanK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2020, 09:41 PM   #9
Hrafn
Fanatic
Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hrafn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Boox Poke 5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e 10.5
This recent tweet from Onyx-Boox might (or then again might not) be relevant.
Hrafn is offline   Reply With Quote