Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 04-27-2020, 04:57 PM   #1
njhow
njhow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Error communicating with device - Paperwhite

Hi
This is my first post and I hope that I can get some help.

I have a Kindle Paperwhite (New Xmas 2019).
Calibre is up to date 4.14
My PC is Windows 10
Connect Paperwhite to PC via a USB hub.

I get message "Error communicating with device "

Screen shot of message

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 90, in run
File "site-packages\calibre\gui2\device.py", line 543, in _sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 459, in sync_booklists
File "site-packages\calibre\devices\usbms\driver.py", line 457, in write_prefix
File "site-packages\calibre\ebooks\metadata\book\json_codec.p y", line 136, in encode_to_file
File "json\__init__.py", line 251, in dumps
File "json\encoder.py", line 210, in encode
MemoryError

I hope that someone can help me.
Thanks
njhow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 05:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The line near the bottom: Memory ERROR

You can try rebooting the device, but it (the storage) may be failing.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-27-2020, 10:48 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
uninstall calibre and install the 64 bit version. If that does not fix it, try deleting the metadata.calibre file from the root of the device.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2020, 01:32 PM   #4
njhow
njhow began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Today, there seems to be no trouble. Plugged in and away it went the first time.

So it could be the actual Kindle memory failing. Not even a year old!!

Thanks for the quick replies
njhow is offline   Reply With Quote