Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old 05-14-2024, 03:27 PM   #16
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3
Answered via PM.
dmalinovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 05:44 PM   #17
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Device is still available.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 06:27 PM   #18
robertpolson
Connoisseur
robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.robertpolson solves Fermat’s last theorem while doing the crossword.

Device: none
Your problem can easily be fixed by proper folder structure. I can copy mine from Era Color and send it to you.
robertpolson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 09:49 PM   #19
Strether
Guru
Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Strether ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 1; iPad Air; iPhone 7; Kobo Libra; Kindle Oasis 3
Someone in the US has expressed interest, so the reader is no longer available.

Jim
Strether is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2024, 11:11 PM   #20
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Strether View Post
Someone in the US has expressed interest, so the reader is no longer available.
I'm happy you found a home for it. I was really worried you were going to throw it away.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 12:13 AM   #21
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
You must extract the content to the root folder, not the applications folder.
Shortcut just open koreader.zip > extract > pocketbook
In short, extract the zip to pocketbook as it is

When you then open Pocketbook, look in the application, you should see an icon or an application with the name koreader
Okay, I installed KoReader on my Touch HD 3. One thing that's very important is to be wary of is replacing your folders. I had several folders that I could have chosen to replace. Had I done that with the applications folder (at least), I would have had KoReader and no other application. So I used MERGE whenever I was asked if I wanted to replace, skip, etc. That might be what happened to Jim.

KoReader is much more ready "out of box" in my PocketBook than it was in my Nook Glowlight 3. One of the things I don't like though is, if I remove the status bar on the bottom (figured out how to do it), it still keeps the text space as if the status bar was still there. That lost space bothers me as the built-in reader does a good job of filling in the page.

I also haven't been able to figure out how go to a specific ePub page number. That's what I use to sync with my other readers. (It looks like it uses screens for page numbers by default, like a KePub. Is there a way to change that? I rarely use KePubs in my Kobos specifically because of this.) EDIT 2: It looks like I'm wrong about how KoReader numbers pages. They stay consistent no matter what font size (5947 pages on the book I'm reading). But all other ePub readers show 2302 pages for this book. Not sure if that can be adjusted or not.

If I decide to uninstall KoReader is there anything specific I should know?

At this point I still like the built-in reader(s) in PocketBook better. But I'm sure there are features that I haven't explored yet in KoReader. If I can't get standard ePub page numbers, though, I'll probably remove the application.

EDIT: On a positive note, one thing I definitely like is the contrast setting. Much better than font weight settings, which alter the shape of the font.

Last edited by rcentros; 05-15-2024 at 12:47 AM. Reason: Numerous edits for numerous reasons.
Old 05-15-2024, 09:28 AM   #22
Michal Jancik
Sorry for my English
Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Michal Jancik ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KOBO.PocketBook.ONYX
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Okay, I installed KoReader on my Touch HD 3. One thing that's very important is to be wary of is replacing your folders. I had several folders that I could have chosen to replace. Had I done that with the applications folder (at least), I would have had KoReader and no other application. So I used MERGE whenever I was asked if I wanted to replace, skip, etc. That might be what happened to Jim.

I have already installed Koreader on dozens of Pocketbook devices whit out problem.I don't know how it is in the case of OSX, but under Windows or Linux, when I unzip the two folders "application" & "system" on the Pocketbook device, the OS asks me if I want to replace the original folders, but after confirmation, the contents of the said folders are not deleted, but it happens only for the so-called fusion - merging of components. (which means that the contents of the folder are unchanged)

Last edited by Michal Jancik; 05-15-2024 at 09:35 AM.
Michal Jancik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2024, 09:35 AM   #23
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michal Jancik View Post
I have already installed Koreader on dozens of Pocketbook devices. I don't know how it is in the case of OSX, but under Windows or Linux, when I extract two folders on the Pocketbook device, after displaying a message asking if I want to replace the original folders, the contents of the folder will not be deleted, but a so-called "fusion". (which means that the contents of the folder are unchanged)
Okay. I didn't take a chance, I just merged folders. I use Linux. In apps it showed to the new application folder with one app and the old application folder with multiple folders. It looked to me that if I replaced instead of merged, I would have a folder with only application. (But I don't know anything about loading apps in the PocketBooks, so I guess my assumption was wrong — not quite sure why, though.)

I've been reading a book in KoReader (that I don't need to be syncable (if that's a word) with other ePub readers, and it's starting to grow on me. I see that it can do a lot that I'll never use, but I really like the contrast setting.
Old 05-15-2024, 11:15 AM   #24
dmalinovsky
Enthusiast
dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmalinovsky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
At this point I still like the built-in reader(s) in PocketBook better. But I'm sure there are features that I haven't explored yet in KoReader. If I can't get standard ePub page numbers, though, I'll probably remove the application.
If your ePub has built-in page numbers, you can use them via Reference Pages menu — but it's only visible if you do have built-in page numbers.

Otherwise you can use your custom page numbers as I did in my user patch: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-2033259217
dmalinovsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2024, 01:10 AM   #25
rcentros
eReader Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalinovsky View Post
If your ePub has built-in page numbers, you can use them via Reference Pages menu — but it's only visible if you do have built-in page numbers.
Apparently I don't have the right kind of built-in page numbers, as (so far) I haven't been able to come up with the Reference Page menu at all. I'm curious as to how Kobo (non KePub), PocketBook's normal reading applications, the Nooks and Tolinos come up with the same page numbers? They must rely on something different than what KoReader requires.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmalinovsky View Post
Otherwise you can use your custom page numbers as I did in my user patch: https://github.com/koreader/koreader...ent-2033259217
That's probably beyond me at this point in my life. But I'll take a closer look at it. KoReader (even without "standard" page numbers) is starting to win me over because of the contrast setting. I thought the Constantia font looked really good before, but it looks even better with the contrast set up a couple notches. It also seems to (by default) find the perfect line spacing (at least to my taste). PocketBook's built-in readers now look either slightly too wide or too narrow depending on the setting. (They looked fine before.)

Last edited by rcentros; 05-16-2024 at 01:12 AM.