Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-03-2024, 07:36 PM   #9661
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Question: Is there a storyUrl config that can be used to remove empty paragraphs (<p> </p>) from the story body? I have an editor chain to clean them up but I thought if I could do it direcrly that be easier.
You can try removing 'p' from keep_empty_tags.

From defaults.ini under [defaults]:
Code:
## By default, empty tags are removed as part of cleaning up the
## source HTML.  However, a few tags should be kept even if empty.
## (Whitespace only, including &nbsp; is considered empty.)  This
## setting can adjust which tags are kept.
keep_empty_tags:p,td,th
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2024, 09:33 PM   #9662
John Maverick
Enthusiast
John Maverick began at the beginning.

Device: none
For those having problem with downloading fics with FFF from AO3 I suggest they try to use Flaresolverr proxy. I'm using the last version of Flaresolverrr (3.3.19) and is working for me. Even if it stops working for FF.net since a few months ago.
John Maverick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2024, 11:33 AM   #9663
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Posted

2024-06-04
- adapter_ficbooknet: adapter_ficbooknet: Better fixes for py2 from dbhmw
Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM   #9664
stelliferous00
stelliferous00 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Hello!

I’ve recently started using Calibre and the FanFicFare plugin, I was wondering if there was a way to get a column set up that ONLY pulls in romantic relationships from the metadata? Essentially just the tags that have the slash instead of all the platonic tags, that include the &. If there's a way to have the romantic and platonic in their own separate columns that would be even better honestly.

I've read through some replies and seen similar stuff but when I try it, it doesn't seem to work. I don't know if I'm missing steps or putting things in the wrong part of the ini (default vs ao3 vs overrides). But I can’t for the life of me figure out what needs to be added or where it needs to be added. Thank you in advance.
stelliferous00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:19 PM   #9665
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
include/exclude_metadata:

https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFa...etadataFeature
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 09:25 PM   #9666
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by stelliferous00 View Post
I’ve recently started using Calibre and the FanFicFare plugin, I was wondering if there was a way to get a column set up that ONLY pulls in romantic relationships from the metadata? Essentially just the tags that have the slash instead of all the platonic tags, that include the &. If there's a way to have the romantic and platonic in their own separate columns that would be even better honestly.
It's been a while since I've given a detailed answer to one of these and MR's search isn't the greatest for finding past answers.

Since you mentioned "default vs ao3 vs overrides" and & vs / ships, I assume you primarily use AO3.

The standard metadata entry for Relationships is internal named ships. If you only wanted to keep either romantic(/) or platonic(&) relationships, you could exclude the other from ships.

To keep both, but in separate lists, at least one needs to be copied to a new custom metadata entry. I'll show a solution that separates both so both get the same treatment.

This assumes you have already created Calibre Custom columns for 'platships' and 'romships'. (All Calibre custom columns have a 'lookup name' that starts with '#' when you use, but not when you create it.) Types are assumed Text or "Comma separated text, like tags"

You also need need to have checked the box at the bottom of FFF config's Custom Columns tab that says "Allow custom_columns_settings from personal.ini to override".

Code:
[archiveofourown.org]
## extra_valid_entries defines valid custom metadata entries.
## Need to use add_to_ because defaults.ini already defines several
## under [archiveofourown.org].  Yes, the leading , is needed
## See https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/wiki/INI-File#add_to_keyword
add_to_extra_valid_entries:,platships,romships

## Labels used if included in titlepage_entries or logpage_entries
platships_label:Platonic Relationships
romships_labels:Romantic Relationships

## essentially copy ships to platships and romships.  
## **After** replace_metadata and in/exclude on ships so
## and edits to ships will be applied to both still.
## Use ships.NOREPL to not get ships edits.
include_in_platships:ships
include_in_romships:ships

## Include  **only** platships containing & and romships containing /
## &amp; html entity is used for & in FFF entries for historical reasons.
include_metadata_pre:
 platships=~&amp;
 romships=~/

## not necessary, but can be useful to see this part is working if nothing else
add_to_titlepage_entries:,platships,romships

## put platships & romships into their custom columns.
## Quite a few ini parameters are documented primarily in
## the defaults.ini file
## See https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFare/blob/main/calibre-plugin/plugin-defaults.ini#L345
add_to_custom_columns_settings:
 platships=>#platships
 romships=>#romships
More wiki pages:
https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFa...eplaceMetadata
https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFa...etadataFeature
https://github.com/JimmXinu/FanFicFa...dataManagement

Tags
fanfiction