Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-09-2023, 10:28 AM   #1
letopeto
letopeto began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Question Automatically Add feature in Calibre does not work

Hi - I have calibre running on my home server in docker. It's working fine except the "automatically add" ebook feature only seems to work when calibre is launched or restarted (I have calibre running 24/7 acting as a server for calibre-web).

Anyone know how to fix this? I have it monitoring a folder called "Processing" and the ebooks are dropped directly into that folder (no subdirectories in between). It seems to only work when i restart calibre. But if I drop any new books in between restarts it doesn't even notice them. I have debug logs turned on but I just get the initial startup messages but no error messages around automatic add (does the debug log not produce any messages around automatic add?)

This is the docker image I'm using (a fairly popular calibre docker image):
https://hub.docker.com/r/linuxserver/calibre

Code:
QStandardPaths: XDG_RUNTIME_DIR not set, defaulting to '/tmp/runtime-abc'
Using calibre Qt style: True
calibre Debug log
calibre 6.14.1  embedded-python: True
Linux-5.19.0-38-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 Linux ('64bit', '')
('Linux', '5.19.0-38-generic', '#39~22.04.1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Mar 17 21:16:15 UTC 2')
Python 3.10.1
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Find Duplicates (1, 10, 7)
calibre 6.14.1  embedded-python: True
Linux-5.19.0-38-generic-x86_64-with-glibc2.35 Linux ('64bit', '')
('Linux', '5.19.0-38-generic', '#39~22.04.1-Ubuntu SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Fri Mar 17 21:16:15 UTC 2')
Python 3.10.1
Interface language: None
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Find Duplicates (1, 10, 7)
QPA platform: xcb
devicePixelRatio: 1.0
logicalDpi: 96.0 x 96.0
physicalDpi: 96.0298245614035 x 96.14935622317596
[0.00] Starting up...
[0.00] Showing splash screen...
[0.04] splash screen shown
[0.04] Initializing db...
[0.07] db initialized
[0.07] Constructing main UI...
[0.61] main UI initialized...
[0.61] Hiding splash screen
Starting QuickView
Failed to connect to FDO Notifications service
Failed to connect to Portal Notifications service
Failed to connect to any notification service
letopeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 10:39 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
dont use docker images, just use the official binaries. The good lord alone knows what capabilities docker will break.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 11:10 AM   #3
letopeto
letopeto began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
dont use docker images, just use the official binaries. The good lord alone knows what capabilities docker will break.
Is there anyway to figure out how to fix this? I need to use the docker image because of the system I'm running. Do the the logs usually not show automatic add entries (either that it works or it doesnt)?
letopeto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 12:20 PM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
If the automatic adding is not happening it is because there is no notification being received. so there is nothing to log. If a notification is received and adding fails that will indeed be logged. And no notifications are being received because the container has broken them somehow. The good lord alone knows how.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 05:26 PM   #5
crispybegs
crispybegs began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 (non-touch)
i have exactly this problem too. I have a watch folder that's been working fine forever, but today I changed the way books are being added into it and now calibre won't import without a restart. As soon as I restart it imports the books perfectly. Any ideas? Nothing has changed in my docker compose so it doesn't feel like docker is causing this.
crispybegs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2024, 06:52 PM   #6
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Try this JobSpy option:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-05-13 085025.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	208230

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote