Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 05-20-2024, 04:02 AM   #151
sherman
Guru
sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sherman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O, Kobo Forma
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
Which is not available since the Libra Colour does NOT have a removable internal storage. It uses a soldered to the motherboard eMMC chip. I was looking at creating an image using a script file but realized that there is no way I could find to send the image to a non-functioning Libra Colour.

Such an image could be used for downgrading however. The new upgrade process is far more flexible than the old KoboRoot.tgz method.
sherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 12:24 PM   #152
kentpuait
kentpuait began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by sherman View Post
Such an image could be used for downgrading however. The new upgrade process is far more flexible than the old KoboRoot.tgz method.
If you are talking about Kobo Libra Color 4.39.22861, I tried to abandon Kobo into the .kobo folder, nothing happens.

Last edited by kentpuait; 05-20-2024 at 12:57 PM.
kentpuait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 12:56 PM   #153
kentpuait
kentpuait began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
It turns out you need to wait for the release of the new native firmware of the 5th version and only then try to flash? If he comes out of course in the near future.
kentpuait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2024, 06:12 PM   #154
Haesslich
Fanatic
Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Haesslich ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch,Glo,Mini,Aura/HD/One,H20, Sony PRS-300/600, Kindle 3-PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by rantanplan View Post
Doesn’t the Libra have a SDcard? He could downgrade by just imaging a new card and then swapping it.
Only the Libra 2, not the Colour.
Haesslich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 10:40 PM   #155
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
It's really ufortunate because the 4.39 update(s) have seriously degrated the image quality (especially noticeable with greyscale images, but the same problem occurs in colour, just harder to see.) I was considering rolling my LibraC back to 4.38. I'm hesitant to test v5 (when it comes out.) if doing so irrevocably replaces my fall back.
rashkae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 11:27 PM   #156
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
AFAIK since 4.39 is the launch firmware for the Libra Colour, you can't downgrade to 4.38. It doesn't exist for the new models.
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2024, 11:31 PM   #157
rashkae
Wizard
rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rashkae ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleron Ives View Post
AFAIK since 4.39 is the launch firmware for the Libra Colour, you can't downgrade to 4.38. It doesn't exist for the new models.
I'm fairly certain my Libra C came with 4.38 factory. I might be wrong, but whatever version it was, it did not have the image refresh bug in epub/kepub that both the downloadable 4.39 updates have.
rashkae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:28 AM   #158
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
As far as I am aware, the Libra Colour came with 4.39.22801 as the factory installed firmware. No 4.38.21908 firmware version that I can find comes with the update directory containing the upgrade directories for the Libra Colour, Clara Colour and Clara BW devices.

For instance the 4.38.21908 upgrade for the Elipsa V2 is the only one in the 4.38 family that has a mt8113t-ntx directory in upgrade and the only directory inside that directory is named EA0T00-A0x30. By contrast the upgrade/mt8113t-ntx directories in the Libra Colour, Clara Colour and Clara BW all contain 4 directories named E60T00-D0x00-OFF, E60T00-D0x00-ON, E70T00-A0x00 and EA0T00-A0x30. It's almost tempting if I had a Elipsa v2 to install the 4.39.22861 firmware for the Libra Colour.

Last edited by DNSB; Yesterday at 05:47 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 12:38 AM   #159
shyhermit
Connoisseur
shyhermit began at the beginning.

Device: none
I have another data point for both DNSB and Aleron Ives to consider. In a Libra Color (brand new out of the box) sold in Canada which I recently helped my friend to set up that was purchased about 2 weeks ago, the stock firmware is 4.39.22443. The device was put into sideloaded mode so it never got a chance to go online to pull any firmware upgrade.

In this case, the stock out of the box firmware is 4.39 and not 4.38. but the 4.39 subversion is lower than the ones listed by Aleron.
shyhermit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 01:03 AM   #160
Aleron Ives
Wizard
Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Aleron Ives ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Hmm... how would you downgrade when you can't download 4.38 from PG's site? Can you do the developer mode reset to revert to launch firmware?
Aleron Ives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 06:04 PM   #161
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
The developer mode or manual factory reset on my Libra Colour does give 4.39.22443 as the factory firmware revision.

Using a firmware revision older than the factory reset version is Not A Good Idea unless you have a fondness for, if you are lucky, factory resets and if you are not lucky, owning a rather expensive brick.

Last edited by DNSB; Yesterday at 06:37 PM.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote