Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Yesterday, 03:49 AM   #886
Yizhe383
Yizhe383 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle PW11
Yes, you can downgrade but I don't have a jailbreak. I am wondering if you can downgrade without jailbreak?
Yizhe383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:45 AM   #887
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4 :(, KT5, PB628, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yizhe383 View Post
Yes, you can downgrade but I don't have a jailbreak. I am wondering if you can downgrade without jailbreak?
No you can not
Marek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:12 AM   #888
Yizhe383

A question, could you update the jailbreak to support more devices?
Old Yesterday, 05:32 AM   #889
Marek
Zealot
Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
A question, could you update the jailbreak to support more devices?
No it's a bug in the software that was fixed after 5.16.2.1.1
Old Yesterday, 06:28 AM   #890
Yizhe383

so is jailbreak impossible after that version?
Old Yesterday, 07:12 AM   #891
Marek
Zealot

Quote:
so is jailbreak impossible after that version?
Its not impossible someone just has to find a new exploit.
Old Yesterday, 07:14 AM   #892
Yizhe383

And that's gonna take a while 😐
Old Yesterday, 04:02 PM   #893
Selaphane
Selaphane began at the beginning.

Device: PW7
I seem to have a bizarre issue because I can't find anybody else experiencing this. When I get to the section where you have to press "Resell device" I get a Shipping Mode Error. It either tells me that the battery has too much charge or too low charge to enter shipping mode and will automatically enter it when it is at the correct battery level.

So I've just been stuck in demo mode with this prompt that keeps popping up. This is on a PW7 that is on FW 5.16.2

Anybody have any ideas?
Selaphane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 04:40 PM   #894
Yizhe383

yes, open the jailbreak file then, open the language break folder then copy everything on to the kindle and replace all flies if needed. You will see a file called "DONT_CHECK_BATTERY" that makes it so it doesn't stop you if you don't have the battery level req. Hopefully this helps.
Old Yesterday, 08:44 PM   #895
Selaphane

Quote:
yes, open the jailbreak file then, open the language break folder then copy everything on to the kindle and replace all flies if needed. You will see a file called "DONT_CHECK_BATTERY" that makes it so it doesn't stop you if you don't have the battery level req. Hopefully this helps.
Duh, I'm silly, thanks for that.

But now I'm having a new issue lol. No matter how many times I factory reset I keep getting the error "Collecting Debug Info - Generating Core Dump file for process KPPMainAppV2. This might take a little more than a minute. See https://wiki.corp.lab126.com/.... for instructions on filling a JIRA." whenever I try to enter into demo mode.

A lot of times it'll also say the app failed to launch and it just sits at a white screen and I have to manually restart. After restart it does go into demo mode and I get to the point where I can sideload content, then I go to resell the device, plug in the USB immediately after I see the power screen, quickly move the files back onto the device and overwrite, then quickly eject and hold the power button til it reboots.

I have done this probably 10 times now and I cannot get to the language select screen. It just reboots back into normal mode every single time.
Old Yesterday, 11:24 PM   #896
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Do not restart Kindle with the cable inserted. Unplug it and restart.

Only plug the cable when actually asked by instructions.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:44 PM   #897
Selaphane

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Do not restart Kindle with the cable inserted. Unplug it and restart.

Only plug the cable when actually asked by instructions.
Step 12 just says to eject the Kindle, nothing about unplugging it.
Old Yesterday, 11:49 PM   #898
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
Well, I warned you
Collecting debug info gappens only when you have a cable plugged into Kindle, ejected or not
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:05 AM   #899
Selaphane

Quote:
Originally Posted by mergen3107 View Post
Well, I warned you
Collecting debug info gappens only when you have a cable plugged into Kindle, ejected or not
I have done it both ways multiple times to be fair. I've also re-installed the firmware multiple times. No clue why I keep getting that error.

Tags
jailbreak, jailbreak 5.16..2.1.1, languagebreak