View Single Post
Old 04-27-2024, 05:36 PM   #9
RbnJrg
Wizard
RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RbnJrg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4 NT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
However, I read A LOT of books. In that time I have found that I get pretty bored with just plain vanilla text on the page. Taking a little extra time to create a book that is visually appealing, as well as works on different devices is NOT necessarily a waste of time.

Books that have a little extra...something... to set them apart from just plain text...especially if it helps set the mood of the book, or helps tell the story... is great. If you know how to do that for those with ePub3 and still provide fallback coding so you can have your plain text on an ePub2 phone...then why the heck not???

It doesn't make sense to rob the people who have newer devices/apps of advanced, 'pretty', features just because older devices don't support them. Take the extra 2 minutes to put the coding in so everyone can enjoy it to the level their device can support.
I agree with your words 100%.
RbnJrg is offline   Reply With Quote