View Single Post
Old 12-22-2020, 01:46 PM   #1
carmenchu
Groupie
carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carmenchu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Win7,Win10,Lubuntu,smartphone
Issue with footnote pop-up (epub3)

First, I love the version 5 viewer--getting ever better!
Now, the issue.
As seen in the attachment, the note shows an additional line--repeated for every last note in each chapter.
Cause: notes in this book are collected in an end-notes page, with a heading separating chapters, as in this code:
Spoiler:
Code:
<p id="c04-ftn19" class="footnote"><a href="Chap_04.xhtml#c04-ftn19a">19.</a> Mallory 1989:145–146; and Anthony 1991a. For Africa, see Nettles 1996.</p>

<h2 class="section" id="calibre_pb_11"><span class="smcap">Chapter</span> 5. <span class="smcap">Language and Place</span></h2>

<p id="c05-ftn1" class="footnote"><a href="Chap_05.xhtml#c05-ftn1a">1.</a> For homeland theories, see Mallory 1989, <a href="Chap_06.xhtml">chap. 6</a>. For political uses of the past in the Soviet Union, see Shnirelman 1995, 1999; Chernykh 1995; and Kohl and Tsetskhladze 1995. For the belief in an Aryan-European “race”, see Kühl 1994; and Poliakov 1974.</p>

I tried replacing the original <h2> tags with <p>, with no effect: apparently the involved script uses next class="footnote"
as boundary for 'footnote grabbing'...
Thus, my question: is there any way out, barring removing chapter headings? Maybe <hr/> before each heading...?
It would be simple to introduce (search & replace), and can be given 'display= none'.
Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Clipboard01r.png
Views:	242
Size:	62.6 KB
ID:	184195  
carmenchu is offline   Reply With Quote