View Single Post
Old 08-07-2022, 06:37 AM   #1
ell
ell began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Touch Lux 3
Question "Store" home screen button and "Web" homepage set to weird czech(?) store - fixable?

Hello fellow e-reader users! I hope I'm posting this in the right spot, I'm new.

So, I got a PocketBook Touch Lux 3, and I got it from Amazon Germany and not any foreign store. However, "Store" home screen button and "Web" homepage set to weird czech(?) store, or polish maybe, I have to guess since I don't even speak the language. This is kind of annoying since obviously, a store that doesn't ship to where I live and where I can't even understand the listings is beyond useless to me.

Sadly, PocketBook support claims this is somehow operating as intended and I can't find a setting to change it. Is that really true? Shouldn't I get a PocketBook device with a German store if I'm ordering from Germany? Why is it "bound" to any store anyway, if I'm not buying it branded from that store? This all seems a bit fishy. Is Amazon Germany to blame here, or what's going on? And is there some secret setting to fix my device after all? Seems silly to send it back just due to this.

ell is offline   Reply With Quote